Reload this Page >

Prague Visit Too Long?

Search

Prague Visit Too Long?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 10:45 AM
traveller

Prague Visit Too Long?

We are planning a trip to Prague next year for 5-7 days. Is there enough to do/see in the city for this period? Are there any day trips we can take by bus/train? Or should we split our time in Prague and another close by city? If so, which other city is worth visiting and close enough to travel to by train?

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Marc David Miller

If you want a relaxing two day break go to Karlovy Vary, a spa town (better known as Carlsbad) about two hours by bus from Prague. For some information on the town go to<BR><BR>http://www.karlovyvary.cz/index_aj.htm<BR><BR>It is an old style spa town where people went 100 years ago to "take the waters", and has been beautifully restored to its late 19th century glory. You can stay at the best hotels, eat at the best restaurants, and get a full spa treatment for a fraction of the price in the US. <BR><BR>I really don't recommend just a day trip here--it is possible but I think you would lose much of the relaxation aspect if you were walking around all day without a place to put your bags.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Louis

Way toooo long. Prague is very, very nice but everything worth seeing can be visited in 2 days, tops.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Linda

We stayed in Prague for 4 days and had plenty to do. You can take bus or train trips to Karlovy Vary, Kutna Hora, Cesky Krumlov, Brno either for day trips or to spend some time.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Melissa

I don't think it's too long! You can spend some of your time on day trips, like the previous posters suggested. (The massages are so cheap in Karlovy Vary!) There are concerts to take in, food to eat, theatre to enjoy in Prague itself. There is definitely enough to see and do.