Prague,Viena,Budapest

Search

Prague,Viena,Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague,Viena,Budapest

We want to visit those cities and maybe Warsaw and are looking at brochures. However
we are not sure what is best. Motor Coach Tour or a River Cruise. Any advise?? Also
can anybody recommend a reliable Travel Agency?

Many Thanks
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 04:37 PM

ttt
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 04:49 PM

Check out Grand Circle Travel. They have a tour that includes Prague, Warsaw and Budapest with an extention to Vienna. I am eyeing this trip as it spends several days in these major cities so side trips (some included) are feasible. However, I don't think all the hotels are centrally located but easily accessible by subway or taxi. And, the price is really great.

You may find the group too old (over 50) but I've also found that tours in general seem to have an "older" crowd. Plus you don't have to hang around with the bus tour.

I took a tour with Grand Circle to Thailand and couldn't have found better service. My cousin has traveled with them to Scananavia, China and Australia and felt the same.

I'm signed up for their "extended vacation" to Malta in April. Can't wait.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 04:50 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Has anyone visited those countries and cities with a car? Any particular difficulties? Parking, circulation etc...
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 08:28 AM

Check out Untours.com, that offers an independent tour of these cities. They offer exceptional service.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 09:27 AM

Visited all three cities (and Berlin) a couple of years ago by car and loved the trip. We picked up the car when leaving Berlin drove via Budapest and Prague and ended up in Vienna - dropping the car when we arrived.

As long as you have a good map there really aren't any particular issues with driving - some highways, some smaller roads. We found some people who spoke English to give us directions even in the smallest towns.

Parking in any of the major cities is an issue - you should plan on putting the car in a garage - but our hotels either had a garage or directed us to one.

If taking a car from Western europe into these countries you do need to let the rental car company know and get permission - not a problem for us since we picked up in Germany and dropped in austria.

If you prefer not to drive the trip between the major cities can easily be done by train - seeing the countryside via day trips or bus tours.