Search

Prague, Krakow & Warsaw Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague, Krakow & Warsaw Hotels

Hello,
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about traveling from Prague to Poland. Can anyone recommend hotels in one or all 3 of these cities? My daugher's dorm in Prague is on Parlerova (sp?) Street so we want to stay close to that area, which I think would be Mala Strana and the Castle district. We prefer quaint, European hotels as opposed to large U.S. hotel chains. Rignt now I am considering Hoffmeister HOtel, Pension Dientzenhofer, Hotel Sax, Hotel Neruda & Hotel U Krale Karla in Prague. In Krakow we want to stay in Old Town...am considering Hotel Pollera, Hotel Polonia, & Hotel Saski. In Warsaw we prefer to stay in Old Town or close by. Don't want to do a lot of traveling to get to sights. My daugher read about the Hotel Rialto in Warsaw but I haven't been able to figure out exactly where it is located. Any thoughts on my ideas would be appreciated and I'd love to hear recommendations. Thanks.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:42 PM
rex

Ben Haines has referenced www.inyourpocket.com for both Prague and Kwakow, if I recall correctly.

And I recommend "talking" to the helpful folks at www.athos.cz - - not only do they offer an excellent spectrum of hotels and apartments, with pictures and a good locator map, there are usually one or more of their staff online, on ICQ, so you can ask them questions for free.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 11:59 PM

Krakow - Hotel Saski! Then find the Mexican restaurant.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 05:00 AM

In Krakow, we stayed at the Hotel Polonia, which I would highly recommend. Big rooms, modern baths, old world look in the lobby and commons areas with tapestries and lace curtains. We'd stay there again. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. It's just outside the city walls near the train station. We preferred this location since we were traveling by train, but they did have parking available for their guests. We did pass the Hotel Pollera just inside the city walls while walking to the center of town. From the outside it looked similar to the Polonia in style and price. I don't have any information on the Saski, but I remember all three being listed as similar when we were trying to choose one.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 03:52 PM

Message: Stayed at the Hotel Polski in Krakow two years ago. It's right inside the wall of the old town. It's close to the town square and an easy walk from the train station. It's an old building that has been redone very nicely. It's on the main pedestrian street. I asked for a quiet room on the courtyard (the back). It was about $100 and included a good breakfast buffet. They have a web site http://www.podorlem.com.pl/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Aug 14th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

To GSteed, just want to let you know that I booked hotel reservations at the Saski Hotel in Krakow for 4 nights in October! I can't wait!

Thanks to everyone else who recommended hotels and websites.

We are staying at the Pension Dietzenhofer (sp?) in Prague and have also made reservations at the Krascizyn Castle in the village of Krascizyn in South East Poland. I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at Polish castles or traveled through this area.

Many thanks!
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 08:47 AM

Glad to see you picked the Pension Dientzenhofer. We stayed there in '97, and it's one of our all-time favorite hotels. We had a large, airy room which looked toward the river. It should be even nicer now--there was a lot of construction on Kampa Island at the time. I think our rate was a little less than $100/night. I hope you'll post a report on what it's like when you return.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 09:45 AM

Warszawa-<www.syrena.com.pl> Inquire about Metropole. Sorry Polonia is being renovated. Polonia survived WW2 and was once the site of the USA Embassy. Metropole is next door. Say hello to staff at Saski for me!
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 10:53 AM

Kwoo -

Two summers ago we stayed at Hotel Pollera in Krakow - very centrally located, within 'falling" distance of the major tourist attractions, the hotel itself is fine (older style with central staircase leading up to the floors with rooms), the rooms are fairly large and comfortable (although I seem to remember that the bathroom was long and narrow), and the breakfast (included) was good.

In Warsaw we stayed at Gromada Hotel (Dom Chlopa), again centrally located, it isn't quaint but rather modern, the rooms are a comfortable size (and bathroom very large and clean), very nice breakfast (also included).

I think that it might help with the rates if someone in Poland (friend, family) can make reservations for you. Of course, after that, they will be very offended that you did not choose to stay with them !! But the hospitality is unrivaled in the world!!!

Bon voyage!!

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 07:05 PM

I stayed at the Hotel Polonia in Krakow and found it very nice. It is close to both the rail station and Old Town. I was in line at the bank and a doctor was behind me. He had spent time in the US and asked where I was staying. When I told him the Polonia, he seemed to think that was acceptable. The staff is nice but I wouldn't buy the breakfast tickets as it wasn't that good when I was there in Dec. '00. You can get tickets for the Krakow City Tour to Auschwitz/Birkenau, salt mines.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 05:19 PM

X
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 01:55 AM

In Prague, I'd have to recommend Bikumpsky Dum (the Bishop's house). It's just over the bridge on a side street on the castle side. Walking distance to everything.

In Krakow, I'd have to say the Pod Roza which is not on you list, but worth a look at. It's just down from the town square. Great breakfast, big rooms, and helpful staff.