Prague-Karlovy Vary-Cesky Krumlov-Krakow

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I've been finding some great information for planning this upcoming trip (June 29-July 11). Based on advice from fodorites, I am planning to start my trip in Prague and then perhaps spend two days at a spa in Karlovy Vary. I also want to go to Cesky Krumlov and Krakow before returning to Prague for the return flight. Has anyone ever taken a train from Cesky Krumlov to Krakow? (I know there isn't a direct train.) Can anyone suggest a direct train to somewhere interesting on the way that has a direct connection to Krakow? Thanks for any and all advice on this itinerary!
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ttt
Old May 10th, 2006, 06:46 PM

That seems like a pretty circuitous route to me, and your trip isn't that long. Prague isn't that close to Krakow by train. I wouldn't go back to Prague just for a flight, I'd get one out of Krakow.

I don't know all the routes, but the only direct train I know of from southern Czech Republic to Krakow is from Prerov. That is actually a train that starts in Vienna, I think, but if you are in the CR, that's where you would pick it up. I don't think you can take a direct train from Cesky Krumlov to about anywhere but maybe Ceske Budejovice.
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! I know it seems a bit circuitous, but the tickets are already booked in and out of Prague (actually, I won the tickets, and the trip is being planned around the flight).

We want to be able to do a spa, since it seems like a great place to do it. We aren't set on Karlovy Vary, so I am open to suggestions for that. Cesky Krumlov just sounds like such a wonderful place, I don't want to cut it out completely. While Krakow is a bit far, I figure we could always go by an overnight train (even if we have to go back to Prague to do it).

I am open to any suggestions on how to arrange this trip. Thanks!
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Ok. We changed our itinerary to make it a bit less hectic. What do you think of this....?
June 29 - July 3: Prague
July 3 (evening) - July 5: Cesky Krumlov
July 5: evening back to Prague for overnight train to Krakow
July 6-9: Krakow (July 9 overnight train back to Prague)
July 10: final day and night in Prague before flying out on July 11 in the late afternoon

We cut out Karlovy Vary in order to have more time elsewhere. Now to decide what to see and where to eat....... =) Thanks!