Prague Hotel Suggestions

Search

Prague Hotel Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2020, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague Hotel Suggestions

I will be going to Prague next June with my daughter (staying in an apartment) following a big family trip to Greece (20 people! god help me!). My sister and soon to be brother in law would like to join us in Prague as their honeymoon. I would like to get them the hotel as a wedding gift, but not spend too too much money. We will be there for 4 nights and I would like to spend no more than $600. I am hoping someone has a personal recommendation as I have been scouring the websites and am overwhelmed with the choices.

Thanks!
Old May 22nd, 2020, 01:21 PM

We were in Prague in Jan/Feb 2020 and stayed at the Hotel Leon D'Oro and loved it. The location was fantastic as it was on a side street so very quiet, but just a block walk to the main square. The room was very spacious and very well kept. The heat was on too high for us, so we just opened both windows and were fine. The staff were very helpful and they can arrange transportation if you need. The breakfast was the only low point, but a lot of people loved it. Granted, we had just come from a hotel in Germany that had an amazing breakfast, so we had been spoiled. Even without breakfast here, the hotel was wonderful and we would definitely stay there again, FWIW.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, I'll definitely check it out!
Old May 22nd, 2020, 03:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's been a few years, but the Dominican Hotel (called the Savic Hotel when we were there) still gets very good reviews. You'd have to check the rates; I have no idea what they are now. Read reviews at the link below. My comments: location is very good (close to Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, bus stop to Castle Hill), building architecture and history is very interesting, some rooms are very large, bathrooms are beautiful, there are multiple attractive sitting areas throughout hotel, nice breakfast and friendly/helpful staff (at least when we were there).

https://www.booking.com/hotel/cz/savic.html

FWIW, I have used Booking.com for reservations many times over several trips, but in these crazy times I would book directly with the hotel. There were some critical articles about Booking late last year, and the company really dropped the customer service ball when the pandemic started. They may have cleaned up their act by now, but I'd still be a little wary of using them until things get back to something more like normal. However you book, be sure you understand the cancellation/refund policies.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 07:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
The Marriott is very nice and well located.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 08:09 PM

We stayed at the Maximillian a few years ago. It was very well located but on a quiet side street. Breakfast was in a beautiful room and had the most impressive breakfast buffet I have ever seen - delicious!
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the suggestions!
Old May 23rd, 2020, 08:19 PM

We enjoyed this hotel, but Prague is very inexpensive, so you might want something more luxurious. We loved Prague.

https://www.hotel-imperial.cz/en/

The hotel was in a great location. We walked everywhere. (But we are big walkers.) The restaurant is gorgeous. The (included) breakfasts were great and dinners in the restaurant were fabulous, and ridiculously low-priced by US standards.

lobby

restaurant entrance
Old May 24th, 2020, 09:18 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Another thumbs-up for the Maximilian. https://www.maximilianhotel.com/
Old May 24th, 2020, 05:05 PM

I stayed at mosaic house right before it turned into a “design” hotel. Great bathrooms, showers, building, etc. loved the location. Was terribly sorry to hear it would no longer have a hostel portion. Looks like they kept the best bit, though: the homemade breakfast!

the renovation looks fantastic and it’s worth considering.