Prague Apartments

Search

Prague Apartments

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague Apartments

Am looking for a two bedroom apartment recommendation in Prague--on the cheapo side, but don't want to get in a bad part of town, or too far out, as we won't have a car. Hopefully near to the metro or the tram if not within walking distance of the "touristy" things.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 05:21 AM

Haven't been, but I have been checking out some prague apts on www.vrbo.com
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 06:55 AM

Try;
http://www.rentinprague.com/
If that doesn't work, just google the words "rent in prague"
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 07:01 AM
rex

Check Apartments Zatec on www.athos.cz - - we rented two apartments, for a very reasonable price - - and unless you're talking about one bedroom being used by very young children, it's always better to have a bathroom in EACH of two apartments, than one apartment with the occupants of two bedrooms sharing ONE bathroom.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 07:47 AM

We used Prague Accommodations (www.prag-unterkunft.de/gb/indexgb.html) last June and was OK.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 12:42 PM

I've just returned from a year in Prague, in apartment living. How long are you planning on staying? Indefinitly or just for a trip? I would recommend www.expats.cz and just click on apartments/housing, or whatever the link is. People don't typically post their apartments for short stays, but I bet if you contacted some people they'd be more than happy to rent out a room or a place for you. most of these people are americans or brits and could use a bit of extra cash. otherwise, i would recommend going to the train station upon arrival. you'll be guaranteed to find a place.
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 11:19 AM
MaureenB

We were in Prague this past month, with our two teenagers, and also searched for a centrally-located pension with one room large enough for all four of us. We ended up at the U Lilie, which was nice enough for our three night stay. It is right by the Charles Bridge, in Old Town, so a great location for a very active spot with lots of restaurants close by. I would recommend the U Lilie, but not overly enthusiastically. It is clean and the breakfast buffet is ok, but it isn't especially inexpensive, costing about $170 USD/night for the four of us. For our tastes, I wish we'd gone into Lesser Town, on the other side of the Charles Bridge, as it looked less hectic, but also very close to things. The Pension Dientzenhofer was our choice there, and I wish I'd stayed with that idea, although it was about $208 USD/night for the four of us. It has a river view, which would have been nice, though, and is probably more upscale than the U Lilie. We saw the Hotel Metamorphosis which is nicely centrally located in Prague, and it looked good. We had one nice lunch there, at their outdoor cafe. And the Hotel Neruda looked nice but quite pricey. It's on the hillside going up to the castle area. We enjoyed a nice lunch on their rooftop cafe. Don't know if they have large enough rooms, though. We spent one afternoon at the Wenceslas square area, and were glad we hadn't chosen a hotel in that neighborhood simply because it seemed so much more commercial, with McDonald's and other American shops. We also saw suspicious pickpocket-types eyeing the crowds there. It's much more authentic Prague in the area near Charles Bridge or the castle area. Good luck. Either way, you'll love Prague. It's charming.

Old Jul 10th, 2004, 06:41 PM

Try "Happyhouse Rentals" at :

http://www.nejbyty.cz/

Or this link for LOTS of Prague rental agencies:

http://dmoz.org/Regional/Europe/Czec...ation_Rentals/
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 03:31 PM

Rex, Could you tell me if they have apts big enough for 2 adults 2 teenagers? Is the Zatec close to Charles bridge? Thankyou Jim
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 10:38 AM
MaureenB

These apartments in Prague looked very nice on the website: "luxury apartments", 2 bdrm, 2 bath, with washing machines and dryers. Addresses of two nicest ones: Ostrovni Mezonet 21 and 22. They were 129 and 139 EURO/night in June. The agency who handles the apartments:
Ondrej Opletal
Old Town Apartments
Phone +420 257 316 662
Fax +420 257 313 441
[email protected]

They had several more to choose from, probably some less expensive. Good luck. You'll love Prague.

Old Jul 12th, 2004, 12:18 PM
rex

<<Rex, Could you tell me if they have apts big enough for 2 adults 2 teenagers? Is the Zatec close to Charles bridge? >>

Well, maybe, but it would not be my choice, and perhaps since our kids were mid teenage yers and up, I have not found it necessary nor desirable to cram into one room (translation: share one bathroom) with them - - but then we have THREE daughters.

You could look at the largest apartment they have, as one choice. But use their search engine, and you will find t least these two identified:

http://www.athos.cz/apartment-stupart

and

http://www.athos.cz/apartment-veleslavin

Stupart is nearer the OldTwon Square (and more expensive, sinc ein my opinion, THAT is the better location); Veleslavin is nearer the Charles Bridge - - but then again, I would personally say "so what?"

For what it's worth, Zatec was maybe 400-600 yards to the Old Town Square, and not much more than 500-900 to Charles Bridge.

Each of the two listed above are closer to their respective "near location" than those distances, I think.

Prague is imminently walkable, and I wouldn't make too much of any distances under a mile.
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 03:05 PM

Why don't you look on www.travel.cz or www.apartments.cz and find the Jungmannova apts. They are huge,and right off Wenceslas Square. The Charles Bridge is not that far. Is there a reason you want to be right on top of it?