Positano trip - 1 night Capri?

Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Positano trip - 1 night Capri?

Hello!
In reading other postings, I have to ask your expert advice. We are traveling to Italy for 5 nights for our 10 year anniversary (and leaving our 3 little ones home!. I have ressies for a renowned room in Positano for the 5 nights in May, but now I'm wondering if we should spend our last night in Capri. We are flying in and out of Naples. Any advice? Thank you in advance!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:16 PM

> but now I'm wondering if we should spend our last night in Capri. <

Yes!!! (Plus the full day that goes with it.)
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:25 PM

Ah! You lucky dogs! Last year our "clan" stayed at a villa south of Sorrento, overlooking Capri. Yeah, we're lucky dogs, too What I would suggest is renting a boat with a captain to take you to the island and have time to tour Capri. Capri is certainly beautiful, but unless you are into shopping at really expensive shops (think Rodeo Drive)I think a convertible taxi ride and lovely lunch will do you well. If you would like info on the captain we used, let me know. It is an all day affair, boating past the cliffs and into the grottos, and he stops at the end so you can swim if you like and gives you a local coctail and snacks. Very cool experience.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:43 PM

My signature to the post of TuckH !!!

Vincenzo
Jan 24th, 2008, 08:09 AM
kja

Hi, amyd -

Spending a night in Capri can be wonderful! Whether it should be the last night of your trip would seem to depend on the time of your flight. I'm not sure I would want to count on being able to get from Capri to the airport in Naples early in the day!

Hope that helps. . . .