Capri dilemma

Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Capri dilemma

Hi,

We are going to Italy for our Honeymoon end of Sept early Oct and trying to figure out what we want to do about Capri. Here are the options.

Arrive in Naples noon
Immediately get on a boat with stuff and get to Capri. Check in explore what we can of the island. Wake up next day (hope the hotel will hold our stuff) explore more the island and then take boat to Positano for three night and continue on our honeymoon.

or

Arrive Naples take bus to Positano for three nights. One of our days in Positano take a day trip to Capri.

or

Arrive in Naples take bus to Positano for three nights, check out and take boat (with stuff) to Capri for one night. Then check out take boat to Naples, rent a car and drive to Tuscany to continue out journey

or

Do last option but add a night to Capri

Concerns:

Dragging stuff around Capri. If there was a way to store it somewhere and just take a small backpack it would make life easier.

Having enough time to explore the island. We want to see both grotto's on our own and do some hiking.

If we did Capri after Positano and before Tuscany, would there really be enough time to expore Capri the next day and then get to Naples to rent a car to make it to Tuscany before dark?

Thank you for your input.

Ann
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM

While it is true Capri is best enjoyed if you spend the night, I wouldn't go for just one night in your case. That's a lot of traveling around, packing and unpacking. It is just not worth it to only have one night on the island. Either go as a daytrip from Positano or leave Capri for another time when you have more time on the Amalfi Coast.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:26 PM
Pausanias

I think the last option -- two nights on Capri -- is the best.

Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:28 PM

I second Grinia's comments.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:31 PM

We saw Capri in one day and that was just fine.Good for a day trip. Last time I mentioned I didn't like Capri I got a real slating so I won't say anything else!!!
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:35 PM

OK. I'll be different. I like the first option. Nothing like arriving at Positano by ferry. Your Capri would hold your luggage for you after you've checked out. Happy Honeymoon!
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:35 PM

Your Capri HOTEL would hold your luggage for you ...