Positano restaurant recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trip Advisor is usually a great source for restaurant recommendations, but from the many highly rated restaurants, which do you recommend as a 'must go to"?

Positano will be the first stop in our vacation, so we're looking for the best of Italy!
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:08 PM

I don't think TripAdvisor is a great source for restaurant recommendations, not if you want to eat well in Italy.

Do a search for Positano on the message board for Italy on the Chowhound.com website, or look on google to see if Arthur Schwartz has any recommendations. You can sometimes track down recommendations in English from Luciano Pignataro, who is a native of that region of Italy and is devoted to its food and wine:

http://www.lucianopignataro.com/articolo.php?pl=4739
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:38 AM

This was one of our favourite meals in Positano in 2007. They have a shuttle that comes and picks you up and takes you home (free). http://www.latagliata.com/
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:59 AM

I would like to recommend Pupetto in Fornillo beach which is a small and quiet beach, just few minutes walk away from the crowded town center. There are few bars and this nice restaurant on a terrace above the beach and the sea.
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:19 AM

TripAdvisor is a TERRIBLE source for restaurant recommendations!

Zeppole has given you good advice.

I had a good dinner this past fall at Taverna de Leone just east of Positano town.
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Original Poster

Interesting - I find that Trip Advisor accurately lists the top 10 restaurants in my city, albeit not necessarily in the order I'd choose, but they are all there. But it sounds like it's not such a good resource for Europe.

Thanks for your recommendations - I'll look them up.
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 03:51 AM

I would look them up, but also do a search here, since this topic has been covered in depth many times.

One important question: How far are you willing to travel for a restaurant? Willing to take a ride of half an hour on the bus to another town?
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 04:45 AM

Another recommendation for LaTagliata. We had one of the best meals of our lives there a few years ago. The restaurant is in the hilltop town of Montepertuso, ( about 15 min each way as I remember), but the restaurant does provide roundtrip service from and to hotels in Positano.