positano

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 11:22 AM
julia

positano

How can I reach Positano by train?
I visited trenitalia.com but I wasn't able to find the timetable.The computer doesn't recognise Positano as a train station.
Moreover can you recommend me a place to stay no more tha 100 euro?thanks a lot!

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Kay

The train doesn't run to Positano. You can take a train from Rome to Naples and then switch to another train and get to Sorrento. From there, you can take a cab or bus to Positano. I am not sure of the price, but I have seen Villa Rosa recommended on this forum. I have seen it and it has great views and I hear a great breakfast on the terrace. Kay

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Sue

May of 2001 we stayed at Villa Rosa and loved it! Cannot imagine a more beautiful view of the mountains and sea than from our pvt. terrace, where we were served breakfast. It was under $100 at that time; great value for the $$.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Holly

Haven't been there yet, but thinking of the following for a trip next spring:

http://www.bougainville.it/english/bougainville.htm

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 09:36 PM
arney

The closest train station to Positano is at Meta. Coming from Naples, Meta comes before Sorrento. They are both on the same RR line, the Circumvesuviana. The line terminates at Sorrento.

You won't find the Circumvesuviana RR's schedule on trenitalia.com because it is not part of the state railroad. I think it's a private line. Meta is about 10.6 kms from Positano. Take a taxi.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Steve James

The Circumvesuviana timetable Naples-Meta-Sorrento is onBR>www.massalubrense.it/circum.htm

Hope this helps ...

Steve