Search

Porto Campanha transfer times question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2023, 03:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porto Campanha transfer times question

Hi,
I’m looking at train connections from Douro-Porto-Lisbon or alternatively a comfortable bus/coach departing from Campanha.

Option A: The Douro train would arrive Porto Campanha at 14.30 (2.30 pm). Next train to Lisbon is a 14.38 (2.38 pm). Question is if eight minutes would allow us enough time to make the transfer? I’m not familiar with the size or layout Campanha station and proximity to everything.

Option B: The next train out is at 16.00 (4 pm). The schedule for that one reads that it is a U/AP train. When I open the details it shows the U train goes for about an hour and the rest is AP. Is anyone familiar with how this works- would we have to switch trains at the last U stop? Or do they just “drop” a few cars and continue onwards so we wouldn’t have to get off the train+

Option C: FlixBus travels from Campanha to Lisbon but that is out of the question since you can’t reserve a seat. Is there another comfortable bus/coach alternative to FlixBus that runs on Sundays? Need to book a seat since one of our group is very tall and needs the extra leg room.

Thank you!
Old Aug 3rd, 2023, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8 minutes is enough time if you know the platform for the AP train.
Someone from your group can go into the main building look at the display or ask the ticket booth attendant which platform, while the rest of the group remain in the tunnel with luggage.

You'll have to physically transfer from the U (urban) to the AP train.
There are 2 train stations in Porto - São Bento and Campanhã.
The AP train only stops at Campanhã.