Reload this Page >

Porto Ercole or Porto Santo Stefano

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 04:25 PM
Karen

Has anyone ever stayed at either "Il Pellicano" in Porto Ercole or the "Hotel Torre De Cala Piccola" in Porto Santo Stefano? <BR> <BR>We are interested to know what the hotels are like, as well as what the towns are like. <BR> <BR>Thank you. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 13th, 1999, 05:51 AM
elizabeth

Hi Karen - we spent a day in Porto Ercole last June - it was terrific and we could have stayed longer. Went to "Il Pellicano" for lunch. It is in a breathtaking location and the services, food, staff, accommodation etc are everything you would expect of a Relais et Chateaux. My only hesitation in recommending it is that it's kind of a 'generic' luxury hotel experience (my that sounds arrogant!) - you could be anywhere on the continent, and you get little sense of the surrounding area. I don't know if the other hotel is similar, but I would say if you're looking for a "local" experience Il Pellicano, while lovely, is somewhat detached from Porto Ercole.

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 10:15 AM
Karen

Thanks Elizabeth! Did you by chance see th etown of Porto San Stefano also?

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 11:22 AM
elizabeth

Karen - no we didn't see Porto Santo Stefano - just Porto Ercole. One thing is though the island is quite small so it may not really matter where you stay - you can easily visit both towns. Have a lovely holiday.

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 11:50 AM
Karen

Bringing this back to the top!

Old Jun 26th, 1999, 03:35 PM
Karen

Bringing this back to the top.