Port to airport Stockholm

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2009, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will disembark the Regatta in Stockholm September 2010. We need to get to Arlanda airport to catch a flight to London. Can anyone tell me how far it is from port to Airport, how long it will take and how one gets there with luggage? We hae never been to Stockholm so this is all new territory for us. Thanks SJF
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 05:28 PM

I do not know where your ship will actually dock, but one can catch a train or a airport bus from the central station. The airport is quite a ways out, so that a taxi ride would be expensive. You might want to google your dock and the central station to get an itinerary.
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 05:37 PM

Can your cruise line give you any information about that? Michael is right, it's quite a ride from Stockholm to the airport. I THINK it was about 40 minutes or so from the city.
Old Oct 26th, 2009, 12:53 PM

I agree with Michael. You don't want to take a taxi all the way to ARN. It would be way too expensive.

IMO, your best bet would be to take a taxi or shuttle bus to Stockholm Central Station and then take the Arlanda Express https://www.arlandaexpress.com/default.aspx?page=3& or Flygbussarna http://www.flygbussarna.se/en/default.asp to the airport. Arlanda Express takes about 20 minutes while the "Flygbussarna" airport buses take you to the airport in 40 minutes.
Old Oct 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
The Arlanda Express from Central Station was fast, comfortable and the tickets were easy to purchase at machines. If you're a senior,they offer a senior discount.
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 02:42 AM

Hi, I travelled on the Flygbus to/from Arlanda last week, and will be again in a few days. The time of the journey (listed as 40 mins from Stockholm terminal to Arlanda) depends very much on traffic conditions, and there was a bit of a hold up on the E4 due to some roadwork. But the buses are sleek and comfortable, with designated luggage storage areas, and depart during the day at intervals of 15 minutes. Highly recommended.

The link given above by OrlandoVic doesn't seem to work; this is the one I used. http://www.flygbussarna.se/Default.aspx?lang=EN

A heads-up though ... these are cashless buses, you pay your ticket by c.card on boarding, at designated booths, or you can order, pay and print your ticket online, which is much more convenient. Currently they have a special internet price of Kr99.00, reduced from the normal price of Kr110.00

This is much cheaper than a taxi, although I have heard that there is a special taxi service with a fixed price of Kr350.00 to Kr475.00 which may be of interest to you. You can check the details here http://tinyurl.com/yzsd56t

Hope you'll have some time to enjoy wonderful Stockholm before continuing your journey to London!