Porsche arena Stuttgart

Apr 21st, 2006, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Porsche arena Stuttgart

Hello,
We are going to a Music Show in the new Porsche Arena in Stuttgart in the fall. I have never been to Stuttgart and we are probably going by rail. Can anyone suggest a hotel in the area?
Do you suggest we go by car instead and if so would you recommend a different hotel?
We are traveling to Stuttgart from Switzerland.
Thanks in advance
Mystic
Apr 21st, 2006, 02:49 PM

I brought my Porsche down to Stuttgart in the fall many years ago for a factory tune up. I fell into the tail end of a wine festival. See if it might be happening while you are there. It's not as big as Oktoberfest but it is just as much fun.
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:18 PM
Neopolitan

We absolutely loved the Hyatt, which is right across the park from the train station. The included daily breakfast buffet was like a lavish brunch in the US.
Rooms were very nice and the staff was so friendly and helpful. We found the trains within the city to be very easy. Is the Porsche Arena near all the other Porsche stuff? If so it's a snap to get there by public transportation.

Apr 21st, 2006, 09:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I will look into the Hyatt and I have no idea where the Porsche Arena is located but I would assume it is not difficult to find since it seats 7500 people!

The wine festival sounds like fun too..I will look to see if it's at that time.
Mystic
Apr 24th, 2006, 12:03 AM

hi there,
the new Porsche Arena is near the Schleier-Halle and the G.-Daimler-Stadion. So it is located in Bad Cannstatt. It has nothing in common with the other Porsche localities.
Going by car or train depends on, how much You wanna spend (how many people) and where You start from. From Zürich to Stuttgart You will make it in about 2.5 hours. Perhaps going by plane would be an idea? Could be cheaper than train.
Also the hotel depends on how much You wanna spend.
Middle range are Hotel Traube, Mercure or Garni Spahr, a little bit more expensive are those in Stuttgart (about 8 min per d-train or car) city, like Unger (at the main station), Le Meridien or Steigenberger.
All hotels in Stuttgart You will find here:
http://www.stgt.com/hotels/home.htm

The winefestival (Weindorf) is great, You should visit if there is time. Also, when interested in cars, technic etc. the new Mercedes musuem, right next to the Porsche arena.

have fun
Gar
Apr 28th, 2006, 09:06 AM

>Perhaps going by plane would be an idea? Could be cheaper than train.

No way is it cheaper.

And it will take longer too.
Apr 29th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

thanks Gar for the hotel suggestions and the location. We were thinking of going by car since it's not that far.

I guess this teaches me not to assume anything - I would have been sure it was near the the Porsche museum.
Thanks again
Mystic