Search

Playground hrs Luxembourg Garden

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playground hrs Luxembourg Garden

Hi,

Someone posted on another thread that the playround at the Luxembourg Gardens is only open on Weds in Oct.

We will be in Paris mid to late Sept - does anyone know if there are limited hours then? And if so, what are they? I have checked many website and do not see anything that says hours/days are that reduced at certain times of the year (only a one hour difference in closing times beginning in Oct), but know that websites are not always up-to-date. I had hoped to let my kids burn off some steam after our long flight - we arrive on a Sun.

Also, what about the sailing of the little toy boats? Is that only certain days/hours? And the sailing boats and trampolines at the Tuilleries?

Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 10:38 AM

i don't know why the playground would only be open on weds. - though that is the day that most french schools are closed. we've been there in november, and it was open every day. closed at sundown.

sorry, i don't know of an official website for the playground or gardens.

Old Aug 4th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Melissa, that makes me feel so much better!

I hadn't heard or read on any website about it being closed certain days until this posting a few days ago, so just wanted to double check. We deliberately chose an apt not far from there so we could take the kids over when they need a break from museums, etc.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM

The Paris Tourist Office site says:

Nursery (2pm to 6pm) from May to mid-September for children of 18 months to 6 years. Recreational park (from 10am) for children from 7 to 12 years. Puppets: Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 2pm. During the school holidays, every day from 4pm.
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 08:50 AM

bookmark
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 08:55 AM

On Wednesdays and Saturdays, French primary schools get out at mid-day. Sundays there is no school. So, the playground, just follows the schedule of the school. There is a small cost to play there. (I cannot remember how much, but it is minimal). It is worth it... It is our girls' most favorite place in the city of Paris!