Plans from experience travelers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would someone please give me an itinerary with some quaint towns to see...landing in Munich and wanting to see Switzerland, Austria, and whatever else I have time for...would want to include Salzburg, Vienna, and a town in Switzerland (Glendallwof???) can someone tell me how to do this...I will be on the rail...no car....thanks
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 01:05 PM

Just how long will you have to travel?
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 03:17 PM

In Switzerland we loved Ballenberg. It's like a Swiss version of Colonial Williamsburg. I think you would have to take the bus. I don't remember seeing a train, but the bus service there is excellent.

Enjoy.
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 09:05 AM

A lot depends on what time of the year you are going. Trains and buses make most areas accessible, but less so in the winter.
You probably mean Grindelwald, Switzerland, in the Berner Oberland, and yes, it is perfectly accessible most seasons by train, lift etc. This whole area is great with several quaint swiss towns. I suggest you get a travel book (Lonely Planet is a good one), read up on a few towns in each of the locales that you mentioned, then repost for specific recommendations.
A subsequent poster mentions Ballenberg Open Air Museum--a perfect day trip. Train to Brienz ( a lovely town of centuries-old wood chalets set along a pristine lake with steamer cruises) and ten-minute bus trip to this several acre park of transported Swiss dwellings, with changing daily exhibits of crafts.
Happy travels!
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 11:02 AM

gingersnap, you have already posed a similar question here. If you have lost your "thread", just click on your name and it will bring up all of your previous posts.