Plaka Apartment - Athens

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 05:39 PM
bdj
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plaka Apartment - Athens

Decided to create a specific thread for this apartment inquiry beyond one on a general topic.

Is anyone familiar with it?

It has few photos of the unit itself. The location looks ideal.

http://www.dreamholidayrental.com/At...ref45149).ashx

Much obliged...bdj
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM

Hi

On the face of it this apartment is excellent value. However the website doesn't state if the building has an elevator. If not how many flights of stairs will you need to walk up with baggage. I don't know when you're going but airconditioning in an Athens summer is a must have. Also the apartment is rented out on a weekly basis only. Laundry facilties and WiFi may be important to you although I really don't think these issues need to be a deal breaker given the value you're getting at that rental price. I suggest you email the agents for all this info. I would also suggest a seperate post in this forum asking for feedback specifically about the Dream Holiday Rental Agency to ensure they are reputable. Good luck...
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM

This is an excellent location in Anafiotika, a very special part of the Plaka, a neighbourhood that looks like an Aegean village !!
Anafiotika is in the the upper part of the Plaka, that is elevated and has a superb view of Athens, however you won't have a view of the Acropolis, as it is located just underneath of it.
( it shows on one of the photos).

Looking at the photos i see that it is an old Athenian house, don't expect an elevator there.
To get to the house you will probably have to climb a lot of stairs, so take this into consideration as well.

The location of the house is amazing, i am sure you will love it there
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM

A great location! I'm looking for the catch though, that seems too cheap, there are other 2 bed apts in areas further away & don't look as nice, but they are more expensive.
If it's as good as it looks it's a brilliant find, but definitely not right for you if uphill & steps are a problem, you will be doing them every time you go out the apartment.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 11:49 AM

yiassas the catch might that there is no second bedroom....but only a sofa bed......
700 Euro per week isn't bad at all.. that would make 2800 per month... i wonder if you will receive a receipt....

If this is an officially approved apartment for rent, it should have at the entrance the official sign granted by EOT ( GNTO - the Green National Tourism Organization).

Yiassas , you are absolutely right about the climbing.... you know the area....

I would just love to have an apartment there
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
bdj
Original Poster

We have booked this apartment for 10 days next May. It is managed by a company out of London. All of our questions have been answered promptly.

You can expect a full report upon return.
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM

Thanks bdj. Looking forward to your report. Have a great trip.
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:42 PM

We'll be interested in your report!