Places to stay outside of Dublin?

Jul 20th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Places to stay outside of Dublin?

We're travelling from Kinsale to Cashel and Glendalough on 8/7, and looking for a place nearby to spend the night - probably Dun Loagharie - and then hope to see Trim, Knowth, Hill of Tara etc. the next day. We have to turn the car in 8/9 at the Dublin airport, and have 3 more days booked in Dublin.
Is Trim the best place to stay for that last day outside of Dublin? If so, can oanyone recommend a B&B?
Jul 21st, 2004, 06:32 AM

ttt
Jul 21st, 2004, 07:33 AM

Trim would not be my choice. Swords is just beside the airport and there are several B&B's in the area. You can stay in Swords that night and have a meal or go to the pub to end the trip.

I am a bit confused though do you have 3 days that you want to spend in Trim before you leave? It is not that convenient to Dublin city centre. Stay in or closer to the city iof you have 3 days and then take the Airlink to the airport.
Jul 21st, 2004, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

SiobhanP:
We're actually ending the trip with 3 nights in Dublin. The one night out prior to that would be a stopping place after we've seen New Grange etc. Someplace close to the airport would be creat, since we could drop the car off in the morning before heading into town.
We'll be coming in from the Wicklow mountains area after a long day's drive and sightseeing our way from Kinsale. Do you think we could find a place in Dun Laoghaire (it'll be saturday night) that night, and is it too far to try and get all the way to Swords instead?
Jul 23rd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

I'm gettin' a little nervous...

These are my last two nights in the "country" before turning back the car at the Dublin airport and heading into town for a few days. I don't have anything booked yet and I'm thinking of staying in Swords (thanks SiobahnP) and/or Dun Laougharie - do you think I can "wing it" in August, or are the B&Bs likely to be booked?
Jul 23rd, 2004, 05:07 PM

We've booked our last night at Red Bank Lodge, in Skerries, because of its closeness to the airport. We've not yet been so I can't vouch for the place at all, but it looked good. www.redbank.ie Have a great trip. I am so looking forward to ours!
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:55 AM

I would not wing it. It is the hgigh season and you may end up paying more for last minute accommodation that is not convenient to where you want to be located.

Swords would not be that far in the evening driving as there is little traffic. MAke a p[lan for the dublin area so you are not stuck.

S
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:49 AM

ttt again!