Places to stay in Seville

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boyfriend and I are going to Seville, Spain in October and would love to hear from any of you regarding great experiences you have had in Seville...particularily accomodations. We are from Laguna Beach, California and are in our late 30's.
Thanks so much, Kristy
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 07:44 PM

Many will recommend the Hotel Amadeus; we stayed at the Hotel Alcantara and were very happy. Check out this link for more (very detailed) info about Sevilla and other important Spanish destinations: http://www.maribelsguides.com/
Good luck and have fun!
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 07:56 PM

I'll have to second checking out Maribel's Guides for info on Sevilla, but you can also check out "Explore Seville" (http://www.exploreseville.com/) for a little more information on Sevilla.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 07:35 AM

we loved and seville and hope to return in the near future. We stayed at the Alfonso XIII - a beautiful but spendy hotel. with starwood points, it was do-able and well located. We hired a guide, Connie, from Seville Walking Tours, which was excellent. Our family had her to ourselves for the morning and it became more like a close friend showing us around; we got back with her in the afternoon with a few more people for a tour of the cathedral. Again - more like a friend than a tour guide. They are on the web if you want more info. We also took a carriage ride, toured the bull ring (did not see a fight), alcazar, etc. magical place - check my trip report for more details on shopping and restaurants. I envy you!!!
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 07:41 AM

Thanks to many recommendations here we chose LAS CASAS DE LA JUDERIA and were thrilled with the whole place and our room.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 07:56 AM

Kristy...from one Californian to another, please make reservations for Las Casas de la Juderia (as Patrick also recommends)...this is the true essence of Sevilla...ask for Room #10...we couldn't believe the size of the room...gigantic, first floor...excellent dining room and full breakfasts...in the heart of the barrio. One of the better flamenco shows is just blocks away, go early and get an upfront seat, camera ready!...outstanding, colorful show, very reasonable..We were lucky enough to be in Sevilla during Holy Week a few years back...indescribable, incredible festivities. Be sure to see the bougainevilla-covered Casa Pilato in addition to all the usual "must-sees"..do take a carriage (caleche) ride, it's fun and takes you to the popular sights...climb the Giraldo Tower (no stairs, just ramps) for a great view of the city. Eat, drink and be merry, in this most Spanish of the Spanish cities!!
Stu (L.A.)
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 07:59 AM

p.s....the show I mentioned is
LOS GALLO...the hotel will direct you.
Stu
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 08:11 AM

As much as I like Maribel's guides and many of her recommendations, I disagreed with her overall assessment of the Alfonso XIII in Seville.

We had an excellent stay there, in a huge and over-the-top decorated room, excellent service, and excellent location for sightseeing.

Problem: it isn't cheap by any means.

While you are loking at the oft-recommended La Juderia I would also advise you to check out the Rey de Ibeaza also located in the Barrio Santa Cruz..and it has a pool.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 08:25 AM

Seville it's a unique city, beautiful, very special..and maybe because of that, is not at all "the most Spanish of the Spanish cities" (if something like that ever existed).
Walking inside the little streets in Barrio de Santa Cruz it's a great experience, sure !
Have a nice time !!
Patty (A Spaniard fed up of cliches about Spain and Andalucia)
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 09:45 AM

Mea culpa!, Kenderina...however, I geared my comments primarily to the first time visitor traveler who may have a picture of "old Spain" in his/her mind...and Sevilla perfectly meets that criteria in my opinion. Don't mean to offend your sensibilities in any way.
SFT
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 10:29 AM

Hey, tower , I'm not offended at all
It's not your fault, even the Spanish Tourist Office sells a lot of cliches about Spain. Well, I think every Tourist Office in the world does that kind of thing
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 11:09 AM

Hello from another late 30's So Cal girl who's also going to Sevilla in October.
We've booked the Hotel Puerta De Sevilla, www.hotelpuertadesevilla.com
It looks really cute, afordable (you didn't mention a price range) and it's highly regarded on tripadvisor.com

Have a great trip!
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 04:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Stayed at Casas de la Juderia (room 30 I believe). Excellent hotel and room.

Large.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 07:53 PM

Myer, I think I stayed in room 30. It was a jr. suite, yes? Tiffany blue walls?
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 10:33 PM

Hi

To digress - second vote for flamenco show Los Gallos - http://www.tablaolosgallos.com/. Great show. Photos allowed but not video. Be careful with drinks - 4E for a beer or Pepsi. Around the corner we had a great meal at a restaurant in an atmospheric plaza - http://www.restaurantelacueva.net

Cheers
Old Sep 16th, 2005, 11:38 AM

Kristy- If you'll like to stay in a charming place, exuding the Seville way of life, in the midst of the most authentic Old Seville neighborhood (Barrio de Santa Cruz), and mentioned in the classic of Spanish literature "Don Juan Tenorio" look no further than the hotel Hosteria del Laurel located in Plaza de los Venerables in Barrio de Santa Cruz, walking dstance to the Alacazar, Cahedral, La Giralda, etc... I think you'll get the biggest kick out of this hotel. Great value, wonderful staff, clean, quiet, A/C, if anything, do not miss a visit to their restaurant. Highly recommend it. Check out www.hosteriadellaurel.com
Old Sep 16th, 2005, 12:54 PM

I stayed at Hotel Alfonso XIII a few months ago. It wasn't particularly cheap, but then again it wasn't particularly expensive. However, I feel that one is priviledged to stay in a building with such amazing original architecture and features. It had a very homely, welcoming feel. Also the Japanese restaurant in the grounds was something of a bargain.

Yes, service could've been sharpened up in some areas, but the charm of the property, and the super room more than made up for it.
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all of your recommendations! Unfortunately, Las Casas de la Juderia is booked during the dates we'll be there....along with several other of your suggestions. I am contemplating an apartment and wondered if anyone stayed or has any feedback on ARFE #2? I found it on Seville5.com.
Can't wait to go...especially after reading all of your posts! Thank you