Places to stay in Paris

Feb 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Places to stay in Paris

Hi, I'm just needing some advice and feedback from anybody out there. I am a single guy early 20's, who will be traveling to Paris in the coming weeks for a short visit with some family. Right now I am kind of torn between where to stay as I will only be there 2-3 nights tops. Should I stay in a hostel (if so any recommendations) or shall i just shell out a couple extra and just stay in a hotel (again any good recommendations)? I'm trying to stay budget minded but not cheap, but then again wherever i end up staying i don't plan to be there most of the time cause I will be out exploring the city with my family. In my opinion a hotel is only to sleep and shower in otherwise there's no reason to hang out in the room. I would really appreciate input from anybody. Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:02 PM

For Paris, I think a central location is more important then hostel vs hotel.
Feb 28th, 2008, 01:22 PM

We like the Hotel Andrea-Rivoli because it is very central to Notre Dame, the Louvre, Pompideux etc. It is a not-fancy 2* but clean and convenient.
Feb 28th, 2008, 01:35 PM

well, it's kind of hard to say, because it might depend on how much free income you have. I personally am the kind of person that would never stay in a hostel, even when I was very young and in my 20s. I just have characteristics where I must have more privacy than that and cannot sleep in a room with strangers. But others have no problems with that.

I'm not up on the best hostels in Paris, from what I've heard, Paris is not the city with the best hostels in Europe, actually, and they aren't that cheap. A lot of them are not near the center, so that narrows it down, also. YOu'd do better to get comments on those on websites like www.hostelz.com or www.eurotrip.com I used to post on the last website some years ago, it's real good for younger people and they have lots of hostels info.

Let's Go Paris has some good reviews on very cheap hotels, and also try www.timeout.com
Feb 29th, 2008, 05:16 AM

Does anyone know which hotel is nicer The Hôtel Lutèce or it's sister hotel Hôtel des Deux-Iles? Plus, are cars allowed on the island? Thanks