Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Places to stay in Florence - Hotel or Apartment

Nov 8th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Florence. My son and I are staying for six to seven days. We would like to keep the price under $120 Euros if possible. When I look at places they have a double bed, we need two beds. Would an apartment be a better idea for that length of time? We also want it close to the attractions. We will be there from the 27th of December to Jan 1st or 2nd.
Nov 8th, 2009, 06:24 PM

A few years ago, I stayed at this location in Florence. We were moved to a larger apt than we needed, but at no additional cost. Two of us stayed in the Turchi apt. and liked everything about it: location, furnishings, kitchen, washer, etc. The owner was very helpful and easy to contact via email and phone during our stay.

I recommend an apartment. We found it to be less expensive than most of the hotels we considered. Plus, we felt less like tourists and more like locals going to the market every day and fixing many of our meals in our apt. Also more economical.

http://www.sleepinginflorence.com/
Nov 8th, 2009, 06:50 PM

Please try the very nice family hotel Hotel Casci, location is great, buffet breakfast included is very good, nice rooms, impeccable, they have a DVD, the hotel lends you movies and ours had a little fridge. There is supermarket near by and it is very nice to have a few things in the fridge for the" DVD hour." We were there with our grandson who is 15 and before dinner the DVD hour turned out to be excellent to relax and get ready for dinner. I liked it very much, the rate depends on the season and if you pay cash they give you 15off. It is a very nice place and the service excellent very professional but at the same time the care and it shows.
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:41 PM

Mry: could not ask for a better or more central location than Hotel La Residenza on upscale Tornabuoni street (all the "boys" are there...Versace, Armani, Louis Vuiton, etc.)...old caged elevator, big rooms and bathrooms, excellent buffet breakfast. We just stayed there for three nights last week...€85 per room per night...recommendation came from EKSCRUNCHY...can't ask for any better source than that. I'll post pix next week....

English-speaking Luciano, the manager, is exceptionally helpful..

http://www.laresidenzahotel.com/en/

stu
Nov 9th, 2009, 12:37 AM

If you opt for an apartment, I can recommend where we stayed last year. It is very nicely furnished with its own laundry and computer and the owners are lovely people. There are 2 bedrooms and it is only 5 minutes walk from the Duomo.Have a look at www.casacaterina.it.
Nov 9th, 2009, 02:32 AM

I dig Casa Dek Garbo, but will refer you to my friends with loads of interesting prospects:

http://www.italiancollection.com/en/...otels.html?p=2

Always worth a look!
Nov 9th, 2009, 06:32 AM

Peteralan,

Casa Caterina looks terrific! Can you share with me the weekly rate? Thanks!