Reload this Page >

PINS/Damaged or Missing

Search

PINS/Damaged or Missing

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 02:52 PM
Gerry K

PINS/Damaged or Missing

A torn envelope arrived from Fodor's <BR>last week, while I was in Holland. <BR>Unfortunately, it contained nothing, <BR>but did have a Post Office message on <BR>the cover stating, "Contents destroyed <BR>in transit." I presume it was the pin. <BR> <BR>Did anyone else experience something <BR>similar? <BR> <BR>Cheers, <BR> <BR>Gerry K

Old May 24th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Lisa

have received no pin. <BR>Destroyed or otherwise. <BR> <BR>

Old May 24th, 2001, 07:13 PM
xxx

Gerry, <BR> <BR>There's a thread about this entitled "Yes !!!!!" (not sure about the number of !!!s); it's near the top. Unfortunately, many Fodorites are reporting perforated empty envelopes. <BR> <BR>I, myself in the SF Bay area have received nothing yet. <BR> <BR>Hopeful

Old May 24th, 2001, 09:15 PM
Philip

I live in NYC about 40 blocks from Fodors's office. I received my envelope with a big hole in it, but the pin was inside. However the pin had a little damage to the back, but still wearable. I was hoping they would use better packaging for the readers outside of NYC. I knew that the envelope which I received would never make it to the users outside the U.S.

Old May 25th, 2001, 03:02 AM
deepa

I live in HongKong and am now quite sure that there is no way it will reach me in one piece (if at all). Still hoping.

Old May 25th, 2001, 03:22 AM
Gerry K

My post is a bit misleading. <BR>The envelope arrived IN NEW YORK <BR>while I was in Holland. Sorry <BR>'bout that. <BR> <BR>GK

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:36 AM
tcc

Also, live in New York. Got my pin yesterday. There was a little hole in the envelope where the back sticks out but it was still in there. I don't know if it would have made the trip if I lived out of the city though. <BR> <BR>Anyway, it was free so thank you Fodors(although it is basically an ad for Fodors if you wear it so if it doesn't reach the people requesting them they might want to rethink their shipping methods). I hope to spot some fellow Fodorites in Paris in June!

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:50 AM
xxx

I'm sittin' on the curb waitin' for the mailman, er letter carrier, out here in the SF Bay Area. <BR> <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 06:08 AM
Sandy

I also received a torn envelope from Foder's yesterday . . . no pin . . . boo hoo . . . <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old May 25th, 2001, 06:54 AM
Nancy

I live in Connecticut...no pin yet...hope I don't get an empty envelope!!!

Old May 25th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Dave

Received my pin two days ago in plain envelope. Advertisement or not, it is great. I wonder if this porcelain type is a limited edition. I would have been happy with a tin pin. <BR> <BR>I wonder who will be the first two people to meet and post because of the pin.

Old May 25th, 2001, 07:29 AM
Mariarosa

Uh - uh! I live in NYC (definitely less than 40 blocks from Fodors' offices) and I have not received anything! Not even a torn envelope!

Old May 25th, 2001, 11:07 AM
lisa

Got my pin here in DC -- the envelope was torn and the back of the pin was sticking outside the envelope, but at least the pin made it ok.

Old May 25th, 2001, 01:32 PM
xxx

OH NO! No pin (or empty envelope) again today! <BR> <BR>SAD in SF

Old May 25th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Judy

XXX: no pin for moi! I hope I am on their list! Judy

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:14 PM
xxx

Judy <BR> <BR>Where do you live? I have this vision that mine is in a stack in some post office waiting to be stamped, "Contents Destroyed."

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Judy

XXX: Outside of Atlanta, in Alpharetta... bummer.....Judy

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Peg

Judy, That is a bummer. Mine arrived in Alpharetta yesterday, torn envelope, but pin survived. We may have to share this one if yours is AWOL. Peg

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Jean

My torn empty envelope arrived in Salt Lake City yesterday......so disappointing...

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:42 PM
hmh

You can add my name to the list of people receiving an empty envelope, with part of it torn off, enclosed inside of the plastice sack from the Post Office with the message that this was the way it was received at the local PO. I wonder about the people who developed this idea--they should have thought ahead on how these pins would go through cancelling machines. Just a small amount of wrapping would have saved the pins. Oh well---!!