Reload this Page >

FLEA MARKETS AND AUCTIONS

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:01 PM
MICKEY

MY WIFE AND I PLAN TO BE IN LONDON FROM JUNE 6 TO JUN 12 AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND SOME AUCTIONS AND FLEA MARKETS. WE PLAN TO TRAVEL TO THE CAMBRIDGE AREA ONE OR TWO DAYS. ANY THING IN THE SOUTH OR EAST ANGLIA AREA WOULD BE FINE.

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Ouch!

Someone may answer your query IF you stop shouting, please! <BR> <BR>(Or did you merely not realize your "caps lock" was engaged??) <BR> <BR>Signed, <BR>A Calmer Soul

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:10 PM
mickey

Sorry, I am a novice at this computer stuff.

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Gretchen

I went to google.com and entered "London flea markets antiques" and got a lot of entries. I have friends in the antique business who go regularly and there are fairs (peddlers' fairs) at times. Maybe you can find some directory on the net.

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:46 PM
JOdy

The list is endless! Christies soth Kensington has an almose daily auction. Portobello Saturdays, Camden Passage , wed and Sat, Greenwich , Sundays, for serious dealers and buyers, Bermondsey, Fridays, Covent Gardens , Mondays, Northcote Rd, Lots Rd, hampstead, There are fairs inhotels usually every sunday, Try indoor markets, Alfies, Grays, . I think there must be a website, I just follow my nose , I can snifff out a fair in a 50, mile radius

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:50 PM
Mel

Hi, Jody! <BR>I've pulled your reply to keep for reference--there were a few I didn't know about. Glad you didn't recommend Chelsea on Kings Road--quiet as a tomb and much to fragile for fun (no real "poking" going on). I've given Alfie's two chances and don't think I'll be back--too far to walk from the tube stop for the stuff there, but worth it if you're into retro, especially really good 50's furniture finds. I WILL, however, give them credit for the little coffee shop. Great tomatoe soup and wonderful view from the little rooftop terrace!

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Jody

Hey yourself Mel, <BR>I am not a great Alfie's fan either but it's always worth a shot on a slow day, sometimes good pictures. And if you go again try the onion quiche ,, I know every good eating place within a mile of the markets!!Lunch is my middle name!