Piedmont places to stay

Search

Piedmont places to stay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piedmont places to stay

We are looking to stay in the Piedmont region in late April. We will be traveling from Bellagio. We were thinking Alba but there may be a wine festival which might make it too busy and hard to find places to stay and eat.

We will have 3 days in the area. Any suggestions as to town, or actual hotel, B&B, etc., as well as eating and winery suggestions. I imagine a train can be taken to the area. Should I get a car? I don't mind driving. This is an area of Italy my wife have never been to and we think that 3 days just in Alba would be too long (will welcome replies to the contrary).

Thanks for your input.

Richard
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 07:56 AM

There is a woman named Diana who runs a B&B in Piemonte who posts on the message board of the Slow Travel website. She is a great enthusiast of the region, and knows it inside and out. Try getting in touch with her.

I think 3 days in the area of Alba, especially including Torino, is not too long in the slightest. It is extraordinarily beautiful, and has easy access to the foothills of Liguria that face the sea. I could easily spend a month there!
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 08:04 AM

we loved the piemonte area.
we stayed at www.cascinachristiana.com

i could easily stay three nights anywhere in piemonte. you do need a car.. and take day trips.

it was wonderful.
it is also a winery.
the owner is s.african.

lovely place.

it is near nizza monferrato.

nighttime driving getting home.. don't even THINK of taking what looks like a short cut on the map!!

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 08:13 AM
jgg

We will be staying at Diana's B&B this June. Check out her website www.baurbb.com. I promise you will fall in love. It is located near a small town called Acqui Terme not far from Alba, and about 1.5 hours to Torino or Milan depending on which way you drive. Diana has a true passion for the area, search for her on Slow Travel, or e-mail her directly from her website, she will give you an incredible amount of information. Including our arrival day, we will be spending 5 nights there.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 08:15 AM

more about their wines, if it interests you:

http://www.riwine.com/worldofwine/italy.html
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I put another post since I missed your first replies so I am glad I found my initial request. Sounds like this is very doable. I do not plan to go to Torino. Probably will go to Milan since I will be training back to Zurich.I will follow up on each of your ideas. Thanks again!
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:02 AM

I am new to fodors and just found this old thread and wanted to thank nussundorma for mentioning me. Rgucla I hope you enjoyed your trip to Alba. Did you see/experience anything else in the Langhe/Monferrato?

Diana
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:04 AM

Oh my jgg...you also mentioned me!! Wow I feel honored!! lovely feeling for me!!

Anyone wanting to know anything about the Monferrato, I am the one woman tourist info office!! Anything I can do to spread the word about this lovely region.

Diana