Pick up Eurostar ticket in advance?

Mar 10th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Pick up Eurostar ticket in advance?

Hi,

I just ordered tickets online from Eurostar for a day trip from Paris to London this spring. We are set to leave first thing in the morning.

Does anyone know if it is possible to pick-up the tickets the day before our trip? Or do I need to get to the train station that morning and allow for the possible 45 minute wait to pick them up at a window?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Mar 10th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Sure - you can pick them up any time.
Mar 10th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!!

I read in my confirmation email from Eurostar that the "tickets will be issued on the day of departure" and I was worried that I wouldn't have enough time to get to the station that morning to get the tickets.
Mar 10th, 2007, 10:14 AM

are you on some sort of tour -- or did you book the tickets yourself??

If it was a straight forward purchase, you can pick then up at the station any time.
Mar 10th, 2007, 10:22 AM

I don't think it's worth the detour the day before to pick up your tickets..why bother? Just swipe your credit card through the machine when you get there, out pop the tickets.
Mar 10th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Oh wait, I thought it was London-Paris, not Paris-London. I've only done London-Paris (you get outbound/inbound tix at the same time). I don't know if they have automated machines at Gare du Nord, I'd imagine so..
Mar 10th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

janisj - I booked the tickets myself.

I would love to use the automated machines, but I read in Paris you have to use a French cc. I already have to get to the station super early and speak limited French so I thought it would be easiest to go the day before. I figure it may take a considerable amount of time, especially with my rusty French.

Thanks, again everyone!
Mar 10th, 2007, 10:36 AM

You can use automatic machines in Paris in you have a chipped card (they use the chip and PIN system)
You can pick your ticket in advance in any french railway station or a 'Boutique SNCF' (for a list of the boutiques sncf look at www.pagesjaunes.fr) - if your card is a magnetic stripe only one, you'll have to go to a manned booth is a stration (all boutiques sncf are manned)
Mar 10th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Cool, thanks norween! Will check out that link - very helpful.

I just have a regular cc with the magnetic stip unfortunately.
Mar 10th, 2007, 11:10 AM

hi, amamik,

if you do decide to try to use the automated machines, make sure you have with you the credit card you used to book the tickets! we almost came a cropper with this in Madrid when colecting opera tickets, but fortunately i reread the web-site the ngiht beofre we went.

regards, ann