Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Booking Eurostar tickets from Canada for June

May 6th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Can I book online from Canada for Eurostar tickets Paris to London. Do you get an e-ticket to print at home or do you pick up your ticket in Paris? many thanks for any help.
May 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM

You collect your ticket at the station in Paris.
May 6th, 2008, 11:01 PM

EEk so late to book now, prices will not be great. Book 90 days out for best deals.

You do get an email confirmation, which you print out, and take to station to pick up tickets .

Your credit card( the one you booked the ticket with) will not scan through the ticket dispensing machines, as our Canadain cards are not micro chipped, no panic,just get in line and get ticket from the manned kiosks.
Have fun.
May 7th, 2008, 07:16 AM
ira

Hi R,

You should show up about 1:15 hour ahead of time to get your tickets and go through security.

May 7th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank's so much for all the help. you are right the prices are high. I'm thankful for the tip about not trying to scan our cards saves us some angst..
May 7th, 2008, 09:09 AM

I don't know if it will work for you but I received the Eurostar newsletter yesterday mentioning 66€ return.
Use HALLU66 code
http://www.eurostar.com/FR/fr/leisur...ls/promo66.jsp
Good luck!
May 7th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Jen

Ira:
"You should show up about 1:15 hour ahead of time to get your tickets and go through security."

Really? That much time? Eurostar website says to check in 30 minutes ahead. I'm not challenging you, just wanting to know why you recommend so early... I'm getting ready to book Brugge-London via Lille, and had given myself 40 minutes at Lille to change and check in. If there's a good chance I'll miss the eurostar to London, I'll come up with another option, though. I'm assuming I'll be picking up the ticket at the station... booking from US, trip on May 28...

Thanks!