Search

Pensione Guerrato

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pensione Guerrato

Hi,
I am considering this hotel for our 3 night stay in Venice. It is near the Rialto bridge. Is this a good area to stay in? Is this in the Dorsoduro area? Also, should I be concerned that there is no air conditioning for Sept 20-23?
Thsnks.
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 06:45 AM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2

is the link to a question that someone just asked about this hotel and the need for AC. Unfortunately many low-end hotels turn on the AC for summer only, so it is possible that unless you're prepared to spring for a lot more, you might not get AC in late September. However, on the plus side Venice starts to cool by late September, according to climate data. Good luck.
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 06:47 AM

Search under 'two hotels venice' for the Italy region and you'll find a question that someone just asked about this hotel and the need for AC. (I tried to post you a link but alas, it doesn't seem to be the right one.) Unfortunately many low-end hotels turn on the AC for summer only, so it is possible that unless you're prepared to spring for a lot more, you might not get AC in late September. However, on the plus side Venice starts to cool by late September, according to climate data. Good luck.
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 08:13 AM
SRS

Hi crystalnpat,

I just asked some questions about this hotel the other day. Here is the link - I think it will solve a couple of your questions.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34474088

I think the area is a good one! As to a/c, they do have rooms with a/c.

Have a great trip!
SRS
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 08:53 AM

I stayed at this hotel in late Sept. and I do not think you will need AC. The weather was lovely while I was there, just one day of rain. I really enjoyed this hotel- the staff was wonderful. Rick Steves was arriving there the day we left.