Reload this Page >

Pay Peanuts Phone Card

Search

Pay Peanuts Phone Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Eugene

Pay Peanuts Phone Card

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 5 pound Pay Peanuts phone card on the web? The few websites I found all require certain minimum purchases (greater than #5).<BR>Thanks.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Bruce

Eugene,<BR><BR>Why do you need to buy it online? You can probably buy it at the airport when you arrive to London.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Mara

I bought mine in a London convenience store but I saw a five GBP one at www.1st4phonecards.com. Don't know about shipping, etc. though. It gave a huge amount of time though - the previous brand ripped me off with connection charges on the BT payphone!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 06:43 PM
pscaltreto

When in London last April I learned from this board to purchase a phone card at a local post office one in London. Excellent advice!!! For a 15 pound phone card @ 1 cent per minute we had 2-1/2 hours worth of talk time, no connection fee and direct dialing from the hotel pay phone (we did not use the hotel room phone as sometimes the hotel will charge for the connection to the U.S. Just read the instructions on the back of the card and dial away.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 06:51 PM
scaltreto

Eugene--made a mistake with my calculations regarding the P.O. phone card. Please note &quot;Calling Home&quot; with numerous responses. Sorry.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Eugene

Thank you for your replies.<BR><BR>Bruce: Yes, I can certainly purchase it at the airport, but thought I could save a few minutes of my London time <BR><BR>Mara: that website has a 9 pound threshold for purchases. Thanks anyway.<BR><BR>Pscaltreto: I will only be in London for 3 days and 2 nights, and I don't think I will have time to go to the post office. During my last trip to London I bought a 10-pound Pay Peanuts card from a grocery store (just asked for &quot;the best card to call the US). However, if there is a post office not far from my hotel (Thistle Marble Arch) I may reconsider