Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Passport - Citigroup signed Return Receipt. Does that sound right?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please say that the Postal Service did not put my passport renewal into Citigroup's box in error. If anyone has a Return Receipt card, I would appreciate if you would check your card and let me know who signed for the envelope. The card was returned to me about a week ago, but being I was so busy, it just did not register that it said "CITIGROUP" in the signature box. I am running very close as it is. If they did, I guess I will have to make a trip to one of their offices and now have to expedite it. Whatever help someone can give me with regard to this would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 05:58 PM

maybe citigroup is the bank that the passort office uses to cash your money order or check.???????

you could call the passport /post office to ask.
hope this is the case.
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 06:01 PM

If you sent it with a Return Receipt Card, you probably sent it either certified or registered mail. Trace where it went -- someone had to sign for it. Then ask the Post Office your questions.
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for such quick replies. I never thought to call the post office in Philadelphia. I hope they can give me that information. I just sent off a quick note to National Passport Processing. It states I will hear back within two business days. I am sure hoping that CITIGROUP does pick up their mail. Thanks again for the help.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 07:03 AM
ira

Hi O,

You can check your status online at http://tinyurl.com/kz37p

Old Mar 11th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Ira, for the suggestion. I have been checking, but I think it is a little too soon for anything to be listed. The blurb states up to three weeks. (Even then who knows.) It will be two weeks 3/12/07, Monday, since it was received. I cannot even call the Philadelphia Postmaster -- thinking he/she could help me -- because there is no post office listed on the internet for Zip Code 19101, and I looked everywhere for that info. I thought that would be a faster path to follow than trying to start calling the 877-487-2778 number at 7 a.m. I will try my local Postmaster, and see if he can help me with the telephone number. I was hoping that someone would check their Return Receipt for the Philadelphia office and let me know if it says "CITIGROUP," hopefully, in the signature box.
Thanks again for helping. I say "again" because you helped me when I was planning my trip to the Czech Republic.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 09:50 AM

I simply cannot imagine waiting until the last microsecond to renew a passport.
M
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM

I don;t understand why the post office just doesn;t tell you where they delivered it. If you can;t get the number of your local office use the national PO 800# - and they will either give you the local # or do the trace themselves on the spot.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 12:11 PM

" I don;t understand why the post office just doesn;t tell you where they delivered it. If you can;t get the number of your local office use the national PO 800# - and they will either give you the local # or do the trace themselves on the spot."

Perhaps because the inital post was at 10 PM on a Saturday night and today is Sunday..... My local office is closed, I expect the OP has the same issue.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 12:19 PM

You can go on line to USPS.com and put in the tracking number (Registered or Certified) and find out where it was delivered/who signed for it.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help. The reason for my not having renewed my passport sooner is because I had much more important things going on in my life for almost two years, and this was way on the back burner. The post office told me that I would have my passport in 6-8 weeks, which I have since found out is not the case. I thought eleven weeks would be fine. As I previously stated, I was wondering if anyone had one of the green Return Receipt cards which contains the stamp of the recipient. If it states "CITIGROUP," then I know it was delivered to the correct box; if not, then it was put into the incorrect box, and my application and expired passport are floating around somewhere. I also had checked the UPS site, and it only gave the time it reached the Philadelphia Post Office. All I want to know is, is Citigroup receiving mail for the passport service. I do have a photostatic copy of the inside cover of the expired passport that I mailed, in color. I wonder if they would accept that in lieu of the original at the agency in New York City. Probably not. Well, tomorrow starts the next leg of this adventure ... or misadventure. After reading about the horror stories of others, I can only imagine what tomorrow is going to be like. Thanks for all of the help and the info.