Paris with a baby

Search

Paris with a baby

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris with a baby

In August, our son is being sent on a 3 week training course in Paris, and his wife and their 11 mo old daughter will be joining him.

He'll be at Les Invalides, so I've suggested that he look for an apartment hotel in the vicinity. There's a Citadines very close by, but I'd appreciate any other suggestions under € 180 per night.

I'm sure they'd also welcome any suggestions for activities that would their daughter could enjoy, particularly during the day when he's at work.

He won't remember, but as a 1 year old, he saw Amsterdam, Venice, Florence, and many other European sights from his stroller. I hope that their daughter has inherited his traveller's blood.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 02:18 PM

A friend is renting one of the apartments of the Hotel Bosquet. They both..a studio for around 120Euro/day and the one bedroon at 150Euro..look lovely. And I found the best part to be they are serviced every 4 days as opposed to most other rentals at every 7 days1 The 7th would be perfect for this young family>

I'll look up the website for you and post later.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 02:20 PM

Here you go!

http://www.relaisbosquet.com/English/Apartment01.htm
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 02:25 PM

The above sounds like a good idea. Of course, a regular rental apartment might work best, but it is late to try to get a good one. You could try, though.

Most of the other apartmenthotels I know would be more expensive than that (like Residence des Arts in St-Germain). There is the Residence Hotel Henri IV in the Latin Qtr that would be in that range, though, and they do have some apartments.
http://www.residencehenry4.com/
I don't know if they have AC, though, but most private rentals wouldn't, either.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM

Hi, I have just come back from 1 week holiday in Paris with my wife and our 20 month son.
There are some playgrounds he can take her daughter near the Eiffel Tower. Tell him he should be prepared to suffer a little if he is planning to use the subway with a baby and a troller. There are no elevators and escalators just to go up. And there is no enough space in the train for the troller.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 03:03 PM

Skatterfly's report on her trip to London and Paris last year might be interesting for them to read. (I believe her daughter was the same age during their trip.) She gave lots of practical advice about what to bring/not bring, activities, etc.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34613278
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the very helpful responses. The Hotel Bosquet apartments look ideal as do those at the Residence Henri 4, subject to availability.

Skatterfly's report is really interesting and useful, and I'll pass it along.

Thanks again
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

In case anyone else in interested, here's an interesting piece on a couple travelling for 3 weeks in France with a 4 mo old baby.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...NCE18/TPTravel
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 12:54 AM

Maybe have a look at Hotel BW Tour Eiffel Invalides, they have big Quad room that are in your budget in August, so maybe it can interest you. It is very close from Invalides.
http://www.h-invalides.com
Concerning activities, during August, Paris is organising what they called "Paris Plage", it means that there is a beach along the River Seine, maybe it can be interesting to see, have a picnic ...?You can have more information on what she can do on http://www.parisinfo.com
and for 'paris Plage' on http://www.parisinfo.com/paris_sight...model=p_detail

Hope it will help you!
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 05:30 AM

I sure hope they don't take the monster stroller. There is nothing more inconsiderate than those who insist on plowing through crowds with their mega-strollers.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 10:26 AM

Hello. Last year we rented an apartment very near Les Invalides through a company in the US, vacationinparis.com. The apartment is ID#3 (one bedroom) in their listings. We found it to be very convenient, great location, grocery nearby, bakeries, restaurants and the price wass right. One great thing is all of the paperwork, money exchange, keys, etc. was handled here in the States. You may want to take a look as they have lots of different apartments available.
Susan
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 11:12 AM

We've never had trouble w/strollers in the Metro. We just fold it up & 9 times out of 10 someone would offer their seat, even if I (a male) were holding our daughter. I, too, will suggest the parks, the zoo & of course the merry-go-rounds. My daughter (I believe) has slept on every park bench & eaten a baguette from every bakery in the whole of Paris.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I don't think BTW that my daughter-in-law is the type to barge into crowds with a stroller, either a home or while travelling. I'm sure they'll all have a great visit.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:50 AM

Topping