Search

paris walking tours

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 12:07 PM
rmh
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paris walking tours

Planning a trip to Paris in March and was considering taking some of the Paris Walking Tours to provide an overview of certain areas. I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who has utilized this group. Thank you in advance for your help.<BR><BR>RMH
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:00 PM

Hi rmh,<BR><BR>I used Paris Walking tours 2 years ago and plan a few more walks with them this year. I took the Pere Lachaise, Montmartre, and Notre Dame area tours. They were all worth while. I'm eagerly awaiting an update on their web site so I can plan walking tours for this year's trip - I already have space in my itinerary for the Hemingway walk. The guides are all certified (must pass an exam) and are knowledgeable about the city. It's about the best 10E you can spend for 2 hours.<BR><BR>adrienne<BR>
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 06:06 PM

I used Paris Walking Tours this past May 1st for Pere Lachaise cemetery. It was nice to have something to do on one of France's biggest holidays. The guide was very knowledgeable and did a fun and entertaining job. I was really happy I took a tour. If I'd have done it on my own I would drifted around for awhile, never found anything, and given up. With the tour I was able to see the tombs of Edith Piaf, Chopin, Oscar Wilde, Jim Morrison and many more.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 06:19 PM

do you have contact no. or website for this Paris Walking Tours?
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 06:30 PM

Yep, here it is:<BR><BR>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ParisWalking/
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 07:53 PM

I went on the Paris Walks tour of Montmartre in October and it was wonderful. Our guide was great. We really learned so much more about the neighborhood than we would have if we had walked around on our own. I would definitely use them again.<BR><BR>Jamie<BR>
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 10:33 PM

I also did the Montmartre walk in october and really enjoyed it. I wanted to do more but time ran out, next time I will. Their email address is<BR>[email protected]<BR>If you email them they will send you their latest program.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 11:51 PM

For 10 bucks, this was well worth it. I did the Notre Dame and the Montmartre tours and really enjoyed each. You can even ask for lunch recommendations and your guide will give you lots of good advice.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:23 AM
rmh
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your input. I thought these tours sounded like a good way to familiarize myself with an area. I appreciate your positive feedback.<BR>RMH<BR>