Reload this Page >

paris visite pass

Search

paris visite pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:25 AM
liz

paris visite pass

How can I get a pass and what is the cost for 5 days?

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Liz

<BR>Here's the site:<BR>http://www.ratp.fr/ParisVisite/Eng/Voy_q/f_travel_pariv.htm<BR><BR>Lots of people will try to talk you out of it, but if you aren't going to be in Paris a calendar week, I think it's worth paying a bit extra for the convenience of having one little card for all your travel.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Beth

Agreed. For five days you just use in the metro turnstiles or flash at the bus driver. Actually we used ours on the bus for an extra day - we did not realize it had expired and neither did the driver. One of those "oops" moments. It would not have worked in the metro, I am sure. If you do buy it, you can get discounts at some of the museum shops.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Sue

The 5-day Paris Visite costs E26.65. The weekly Carte Orange costs 13.25, but that would only be possible if your five days began on M, Tu or Wed. You can buy either in any Metro station.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 03:59 AM
truet

We just returned from 8 days in Paris. We bought our 5 day pass at the Metro station after arriving and paid 45E each. It is marked the first day you use it and you by-pass all the lines which I found to be well worth it!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:10 AM
Gretchen

Truet is speaking of the museum pass not the Paris Visite pass (which is a travel pass). Sue has it right for the Paris Visite. The good part of the PV is it would allow you to ride the buses and make free transfers which would cost another carnet ticket to do. The bus is a great way to travel around Paris.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:48 AM
Michele

For both the Museum Pass and Paris Visite:<BR><BR>Do kids ages 7 and 10 need these? Do they get a discounted rate/fare or not have to pay at all?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Christina

yeah, I think Truet was talking about the museum pass because of the line bypassing, but coincidentally, the PV pass is also about 45 euro for 5 days if you buy the 5 zone pass (which most people don't need), and you do also use that from the first day you want. The museum card isn't that expensive, though, so perhaps those numbers are mixed (the 5-day museum pass is only 39 euro, I think). You don't bypass any lines with a metro pass except, I suppose, any line that might be at the ticket window if you wanted to buy one on the spot.<BR><BR>Anyway, the PV is easier to buy and use (no day restrictions, no photo) than CO, so I don't think it's so terrible depending on schedules, it's still a pretty good deal for the convenience (ie, 27 euro for 3 zones for 5 days).<BR><BR>Children do not ride metro or buses free, so they will need some kind of ticket or pass. The ParisVisite has discounts for kids, it's only 14 euro for a 3 zone pass for them for 5 days(under age 12, I think). They do get into many museums free, however, although not all, so you might not want to buy them a museum pass. All that is explained on several URLs (www.parisvisite.tm.fr and www.intermusees.com are a couple good ones, as well as www.ratp.fr)