Paris metro zones 1-3

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 11:39 AM
jen

Paris metro zones 1-3

I got a deal for a metro pass, but it is only valid for zones 1-3. I have never been to paris so i don't know what this means. I've tried to look online for the zones but was unable to find that information. can anyone help me? thanks.
Jen

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 11:56 AM
dfc

Go to the RATP website, specifically: http://www.ratp.fr/ParisVisite/Eng/Pla_q/f_pla.htm. Choose Zone Map.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 11:56 AM
elaine

Hi
if you go to www.ratp.fr and click on
International, you will get the site in English. Then click on Route Finder.
Then choose Maps.
You should get a zone map of the metro system
What do you mean by a "deal" on a metro pass? What is the name of the pass? Price?
If you are buying a pass for zones you don't need, or for many more rides than you will actually take, then it won't be a good deal. Could you provide more info?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 11:57 AM
x

Your metro pass is fine to see Paris, however if you want to go to Versailles, you will need to pay a supplementary fare.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Christina

It must be a Paris Visite because you can't buy any other kind outside Paris. If I remember correctly, you have to buy 3 zones, that's the minimum on that pass, so you couldn't have saved money by buying fewer zones. Zones 1-2 would probably been ok, that is all of Paris itself, just not the suburbs. HOpe it was a deal. I trust you didn't buy a pass from someone that was used in Paris (either PV or other metro passes, like Carte Orange), as it will be expired and won't work. If someone hasn't used it yet (Paris Visite) and needed to get rid of it, that would be fine.

Old Jul 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a much less expensive card than the Paris Visit (PV): it's called Navigo Découverte (ND). The difference is that PV can be purchased on-line and can be first used on any day of the week while ND can only be purchased in kiosks and should be first used on a Monday.
Old Jul 20th, 2013, 04:17 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
KRJCAN: Welcome to Fodors. Do you see that this thread is eleven+ years old? There have been hundreds of threads about Paris metro since then - and what applied a decade ago isn't applicable now.