Reload this Page >

Paris Tour Guide

Search

Paris Tour Guide

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Barb

Paris Tour Guide

Hi--I would like to find a private tour guide for one or two days in Paris. I have been before, and am going back in June with my brother. Because he is in a wheel chair, we will have a car; I love the metro, but it is definitely NOT wheelchair accessible. I thought that a guide would help us maximize our time, gain additional insights at the major museums, and assist with the language issue. I have taken a refresher course for my high school French, but I'm certainly not fluent. I also feel a guide may be able to help as far as finding appropriate parking, entrances, lifts, etc. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Old May 12th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Sue

Pull up this thread on Michael Ossman.<BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1360638<BR><BR>and this one<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...=2&tid=1321302

Old May 12th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Barb

Sue--I had already done that a week ago, and have e-mailed Michael TWICE with no response. Any other guides you know of? Barb

Old May 12th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Gretchen

He may be away for a few days. From what I have heard from people who have met and used his services he is outstanding and very reasonable. Hope you can find him.

Old May 12th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Jennifer

Oh, I used Michael as a guide a few weeks ago, mainly to help guide us through the Louvre!<BR><BR>He is absolutely fantastic and worth every penny. However, his day is pretty much as long as you want. Thus, he may spend all day with visitors and have an entire hour at night by himself before bedtime! This is an extraordinarily busy time for him, and my guess is that he probably has e-mail backed up for days.<BR><BR>Jennifer

Old May 12th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Michael Snowdon

I had an e-mail from him last week, so give him some time.<BR><BR>Michael

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Angela

While in Paris last year I engaged the service of the same Michael Osman, an American artist who has lived in Paris for several years. He was fantastic! All transportation is via subway or bus. Our party included 4 people with age ranges 16-70. Michael will meet at your hotel and stay with your family all day or until the point of exhaustion. He can be reached at [email protected]<BR><BR>

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Barb

As an update, I did make contact with Michael, who was booked for 2 of the 3 days I was in Paris. He hooked us up with a colleague, Scott Emerson, who did a fabulous job as a tour guide and was able to assist in researching sites for accessibility. Michael made a point of meeting up with us to be sure everything went smoothly. I heartily recommend Michael's service; Scott was knowledgeable, interesting, and worked very hard to be sure my brother and I saw as much as possible in a short time. Scott even made arrangements for us to attend an opera at Opera Bastille; he was able to secure excellent seats, with space for my brother's wheelchair. Anyone looking for a guide should certainly consider using Michael or his associate. Barb

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Gerry

I've had no trouble reaching Michael and we have booked him by e-mail ([email protected]) for our trip to Paris at the end of Sept-Oct. Hope that he lives up to all of the great reports here.<BR>Thanks<BR>Gerry

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Jen

thanks for this guide info. might use his services as a solo travler.<BR>J

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 11:03 PM
DC

The guide Michael Osman, also known as "Parisfind" ([email protected]) has references posted at another travel site called "Slow Travelers". Another helpful site by the way.<BR>www.slowtrav.com <BR>He is listed under France in the tourguide section. Here is a weblink: http://www.slowtrav.com/france/planning/tour_guides.htm<BR><BR>DC<BR>

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Peggi

We just returned and used Scott Emerson for a day through Michael and were very pleased and found postings regarding their services to be accurate; he certainly maximized our very limited time.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 01:16 AM
Doug

Can he do a night-time, after dark walking tour?

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Peggi

I don't know about the evening tours but I would suggest you contact Michael and see if he or any of his troop would do it.