Paris to venice??

Search

Paris to venice??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris to venice??

Thanks everybody for replies to my previous post.I decided to spend 4 days in paris and rest 3 days in venice.please advise which train/flight is best to take ( I want to travel on 30th nightif train or 31st march morning if flight).Thanks
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

bump....anybody?bst way from paris to venice
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 10:58 AM

If it's a train journey you want from Paris to Venice, then surely the only way to go is the Orient Express?

http://home.southwind.net/~safaris/vsoe.html

Have a great trip!
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 11:02 AM

OK, that link I just posted/pasted seems to come up as page not found.

I just googled the words 'Orient Express Paris Venice' and that was the first link to come up with the train to Venice.
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 11:12 AM

I flew from Venice to Paris Orly on My Air last month. Checking the reverse, it appears the only flight on the 31st isn't until 7pm arriving VCE at 8:40. RyanAir is even worse, leaving from Beauvais at 6:46pm and flying into Treviso.

There is a My Air flight the next day (Sat) that would get you to VCE at 11:20am.

www.myair.com
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 11:25 AM

Went back and read your original post.

I must say I agree with those who said, with only 7 days, stay in Paris! Believe me, you WILL NOT regret it. That's just enough time to barely scratch the surface. If you only allow 4 days, you won't have time to slow down and enjoy the best part, its ambience.

Sorry to jump in this late---and I love Venice, too. But I don't think you'll be happy when it's time to leave Paris after such a short visit.
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 11:36 AM

JeanneB,

I am scheduled to fly that same route, i.e., Venice to Paris Orly later in the year. How was the flight/airline? I have read mixed reviews on My Air. What was your experience?

Old Mar 4th, 2006, 12:32 PM

Nukesafe:

Everything was perfect. Left VCE on time and the bus to the airport was easy. Arrived ORLY about 10 minutes late---it was a Friday evening so no big surprise. I expected a puddle jumper, but it was a big plane. Full, too.

I'm surprised you've read negative things. I thought I checked it out pretty carefully and never saw any bad reviews. No hassles, our online reservation was all we needed. Only had one checked bag each, so I can't address luggage. We each carried on a rolling duffle.

I would highly recommend them.
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 12:54 PM

The Venice Simplon Orient Express (www.orient-express.com) is not very practical as a means of transport: the fare is very high, it runs only on occasional dates, and you arrive in Venezia at 1812 after leaving Paris the previous evening. The normal overnight train leaves Paris every evening at 2028 and gets to Venezia Santa Lucia the next morning at 0927. The train has sleepers and couchettes, and a restaurant car.
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 01:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
well, your choices are a normal overnight train Paris to Venice, i suggest a private cabin. Or finding a flight.

I think the train is "best" because I enjoy the overnight travel. Others will say air is better because it takes less time and is often less expensive.
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Hi!
I think the train from paris to vencie overnight is convenient but it was about 150$ per person oneway so thought should rather take the flight which is cheaper but couldnt find a flight on 31st march morning/.

I agree I should have a week for paris but I have always dreamt of going to venice .Being a resident in (medicine/neuro) I dont get enough time when both me and my hubby can take vacation( he is also a resident in anesthesia)And by next year I might have kids so want to take the romantic trip before that...
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all for the replies.
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 05:15 PM

I went thru this excercise a few months ago trying to go from Italy to Paris. There are not many good options. Can you change your dates so you can take that Saturday morning flight?
Old Mar 5th, 2006, 01:34 PM

JeanneB,

Thanks for the input on your experience with My Air. I guess I was obsessing, because the only thing negative I had read was that they were new, and some were precicting they might fold soon. The reason I was so sensitive to this kind of talk was that I hold tickets on Delta for October, and I'm sure you may have heard some of teh prophecies of doom for them.

Glad that you had such a good experience. It is hard to beat the €9.99 fare! Actually, that translates to almost $50 with all of the taxes and fuel add-ons. Even after I had to cough up another $20 per ticket when I changed my tickets to another date, it still came out much cheaper than RyanAir. Goes into Orly, too, rather than Bauvais, which is a big plus.

Happy travelling!