Paris to Troyes- Lunch along the way?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all! I'm helping my mother and her friend plan a trip through the Champange region. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good suggestion for a restaurant or cafe or bistro outside of Paris or closer to the way to Troyes? They'll be stopping for lunch and just wanted good food and ambiance and of course, great champagne! I know there are several possibilites in Reims or Epernay but they'll be going there later on for their trip and wanted to wait until then to see those cities. Any suggestions are helpful- thanks all!!!
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 08:57 AM

I've been to Troyes for a day trip from Paris, it's a nice small city or town, I guess. I don't have a recommendation except that I wonder if you don't realize the distance. It's not that far from Paris, it's only about 85 miles, so you wouldn't usually stop for lunch on the way there. Why not have lunch when you get there? That's what I did. Reims isn't really on the way between Paris and Troyes, anyway--Troyes is SE of Paris and Reims is about directly east.
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 09:08 AM

I don't understand your question. Are they going to the Champagne region (Reims, Epernay), or are they going to Troyes? Or both? The Champagne region is due east of Paris. Troyes is southeast. Both places are very close to Paris. What route are your proposing for them?

At any rate, I don't know why you'd need a lunch stop along the way to either place. There are plenty of good choices upon arrival at all of them.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM

We are stopping in Provins on our way to Troyes. Not because we are looking for a place to eat, but it sounds like a neat place to stop and look around. I'm sure your mom can find a restaurant there and get to see the city.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 04:23 PM

<<I'm sure your mom can find a restaurant there and get to see the city.>>

I'm guessing mom already did, since this post is a year old...