Paris to Luxembourg

Search

Paris to Luxembourg

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris to Luxembourg

Is a trip from Paris to the country Luxembourg and return doable as a one-day trip by train or bus?
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
ira

Hi T,

According to www.voyages-sncf.com, it's about 2:30 hr each way by train.

Old Jun 12th, 2009, 12:29 PM

We plan to take the train to Luxembourg City for one day from Paris this autumn. The website TGV-EUROPE.COM offers PREMS tickets so I've been "practicing" booking my tickets until it gets to the three month mark when I can actually buy them.

Show your home country as "Great Britain" so it'll stay in English and you can pick up the tickets in Paris.

Everything I've read about Lux City seems to indicate that a day visit is about the right length of time. Good luck, Thomas, with your planning.
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Well..we plan to do this trip in a few weeks. Will let you know how it goes.
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 05:22 AM

So, Barbmc, how did it go??
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM

The trip went very well. The trains were on time from both Paris and Luxembourg. A day is all we needed. Right outside the train station is a food store. We like looking around and finding different items we don't have in US. Got some Bofferding beer...we enjoyed that.

We took the Hop on Hop Off Bus around when we first got there. It was informative and we got the layout. Actually, as someone else commented, the Petrusse (?) train might have been better. The HOHO bus took us out to the business section which wasn't particularly interesting.

The city is easily walkable. We went into the old town which was my favorite area. We had a wonderful lunch--can't remember the street or the name--but it was one of the highlights. We had tortellini, jambon, frites and salad for 8,60 euro per person.

It rained in the afternoon and that kind of put a damper on our walking. It was a long day. We are glad that we went and can say we were in Luxembourg. However, we are not sure we liked it well enough to go again unless we are traveling in that direction.