Paris to Barcelona

Aug 1st, 2007, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Paris to Barcelona

We'll be going from US to Paris then on to Barcelona. Does anyone have a suggestion on getting from Paris to Barcelona; with heavy luggage!
We will be cruising from Barcelona and will be taking 4 bags with us. Will be overweight for EasyJet. Sending 1 pc luggage ahead from US via fedex will cost over $900. Does anyone know what train schedules for Paris to Barcelona might be in November? Thanks for any helpful suggestions.
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:20 PM

You don't have to fly Easy Jet, do you? What about Air France or Iberia?

Aug 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM

Check train schedules at www.sncf.com
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

No, don't have to go EasyJet. I did already look at AirFrance, even their weight limits are lower. I think my best bet is to "lighten the load". I'm a heavy packer for long trips.
Thanks for the response.
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:07 PM

We just got back from a 3-week trip, where our luggage was once again a real liability. So much so, that we almost missed a small inter-island plane in Greece, and were charged by Air France for overweight luggage.

What have I learned??? After a zillion trips to Europe, it's finally sunk in that we simply don't need all that stuff. Pack as light as you can. You and your wallet will be a lot happier!
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM

The direct Elipsos trainhotel night train would be my choice. Go to www.sncf.com and click on the British flag in the lower left-hand corner to view the site in English. If you book far enough in advance (up to 90 days allowed), you can get a special combined fare for two people in a private, two-bed sleeper with wash basin for a total of €210. If you're willing to pay more, you can get a private shower. Leave France as the default country for securing your tickets and have them mailed to your Paris hotel. (SNCF officially doesn't mail tickets to the US or Canada.)

Here is a link to a page describing the trainhotel: http://tinyurl.com/2scbju. You can take a virtual tour at www.elipsos.com.