Paris studio apt: 51 rue Cler

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Kay

Paris studio apt: 51 rue Cler

I am hoping to spend a month in Paris and have found a studio apt. at 51 rue Cler from the Local Flat web site. Has anyone stayed at this address or have any knowledge of it that would help me decide if this is a good choice. I have been to Paris for short stays in the past and stayed in hotels in this area. I liked the area very much which is why I am interested in this apt. My concerns are security, noise from adjoining suites, etc. A month is a big committment so I am hoping someone out there is familiar with this place. Thanks. Kay

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:01 PM
StCirq

The rue Cler area is certainly lively and attractive, and the 7me is one of my favorite arrondissements. However, if the apartment is in the long block of rue Cler where all the shops and cafés are, seems to me it could be noisier than you might like. That street is really crowded, and not only in summer. Besides the local shoppers and the tourists, there are always delivery trucks pulling in and out. Given that there are so many quieter places in equally nice surroundings, I think I'd look for a place where you might be able to sleep in past 6 on a weekend morning. I should think you'd be able to find something in that area but not right ON the rue Cler.

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Sue

It looks to me as if 51 would be a couple of doors up from Motte Picquet, above a lamp store and a leathergoods store, not in the big middle of the food market. I've looked at either side and there are optical stores and shoe stores, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad. However, it is across from a butcher and a little further down, a produce market.

To see it, check http://wff.pagesjaunes.fr/rc.cgi?lang=en

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Anne

Hi Kay: I too am looking to rent an apartment for a months stay and its a big commitment especially when you only get a few pictures. I have looked at every web site that rents apartments and I end up getting so confused. I wish I could connect with someone that has had first hand experience. I am thinking of going next April. When are you going? Would love to hear about your experience.

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Nancy

I rented a studio apt for a month last May from RentParis.com on rue Duvivier in the 7th. It's located one street over from rue Cler very close to the corner with Champs du Mar. I loved the location and the rental managers couldn't have been nicer. My rent was $1650/month. The apt was in the back so it was very quiet. Any questions, please e-mail me. By the way, I did everything thru e-mail. Also, some friends rented another studio from them in the Marais and that was very nice.

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Anne

Hi Kay: I too am looking to rent an apartment for a months stay and its a big commitment especially when you only get a few pictures. I have looked at every web site that rents apartments and I end up getting so confused. I wish I could connect with someone that has had first hand experience. I am thinking of going next April. When are you going? Would love to hear about your experience.