paris ,spain 1st of Nov "weather, clothes?"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Paris and Madrid,Andalusia first couple of wks of Nov. can someone give me a clue about what the weather will be like and clothing needed. Also nice smaller hotels with atmosphere especially in Paris and Madrid, I like a busy neighborhood scene not too noisy at night, but where we can eat at some nice small cozy places and where I can get up early and maybe get some coffee and pastries for the day, near city centers and transportation.
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 03:53 PM

As far as the weather is concerned-most likely, Paris will be colder than Madrid at that time of the year. Paris should be fairly cold with temperatures ranging from the 40s-lower 60s. That's my best guess. Make sure you bring some sweaters and coats or jackets.
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 04:00 PM

oh, almost forgot: Make sure you bring umbrellas and/or rain coats, as it WILL rain at least once for sure!
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 07:31 PM

I was in Paris in mid-October 2003, and it was COLD. It was clear, but we had a cold snap that kept it in the 40s for the few days we were there. I'd take lots of layers, and some Gore-Tex or other rain gear just in case. Paris is a lot like Seattle that way, on the same latitude and similar weather.

Jules
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks All for the tip on the weather. can anyone help as far as the hotel, neighborhood, info ?
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:53 PM

What sort of hotel budget do you have in mind?

I like to stay in the 7th arrondissement precisely because it's got plenty of cafés, restaurants, shops, markets, etc., but isn't noisy at night. But others have their favorite parts of the city. You don't have to worry about being near transportation in Paris - the métro and buses are everywhere!
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 02:51 PM

I was in Paris the last week of Oct. 2004 the weather was sunny and cafe warm, 70's. Friends were in Paris a couple weeks earlier then me and experienced same weather as Jules. I
bring an unlined raincoat that works for me in most temperatures. I also prefer the 7th.

Old Jul 8th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again all! As far as our hotel budget, probably 100-250 euros a night. Also if we can expect rain and it isn;t torrential or freezing are there certain areas of the city and places,and restaurant's(don't have to be fancy! That are more atmospheric and are maybe embellished (help me with the word I'm looking for) by the rain as I've been in places where that is the case. Thanks again Fodorites.