Reload this Page >

May weather in Paris

Search

May weather in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 05:01 AM
P Mac

May weather in Paris

Can anyone tell me what type of weather to expect in Paris the first week of May?

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 05:05 AM
aj

We have be to Paris 3 times during the first part of May. The weather can be coolish to warm 55 to 75 degrees. Sometimes rain and sometimes sun but always beautiful because weather can not spoil Paris! Just bring a rain coat and unbrella and have fun! It is warm enough to enjoy outside cafe life and tour the lovely gardens. We think it is a good time to go to Paris because the Summer crowds have not started yet.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 06:34 AM
Beth

I've been to Paris twice in late May and experienced weather ranging from cool (low 50's) and drizzly to mild (mid-70s) and sunny. Expect anything, but even a rainy day won't diminish Paris' beauty!

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Howard

I'll echo the comments of the previous two posters. They perfectly describe our two-week experience in Paris this past May.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Rex

You can cross your fingers to get a day as good as I had in Paris, May 8, 1999. Known in the US as "V-E day", the festive air of "Liberation Day" with its parade and more-intense-than-usual general "Frenchness" in the city that day can make anyone feel "bleu, blanc and rouge" in their veins. <BR><BR>Crisp, sunny, upper 60's.<BR><BR>Having said that, of course, no one can predict the weather. I would bet that the first week of May has seen both 35 and 90 degrees F sometime in the last decade.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 10:41 AM
mercury rising

going up<BR>

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Joyce

I once spent 10 days in Paris during the end of May. The first several days were boiling hot. The intense heat was unbearable, similar to Florida in July.<BR><BR>Then the weather suddenly turned cold. By the last 3 days of my trip it was like winter. Even though I wore multiple layers (shirt, sweater, jacket), a scarf around my neck and a headband over my ears, I was still freezing.<BR><BR>Paris is the only place I have ever visited where in the space of just a few days I regretted not having packed both shorts and a winter coat.