London w/ Kids this December

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Barry

London w/ Kids this December

I am an American working in Saudi Arabia for the next two years. This has given my family and I the opportunity to vacation for the first time in London (Dec 5-15th, 2002). I have a wife and two daughters (ages 8 & 12). It seems difficult to find a decent hotel that caters to families. I would like to stay under $200/night if possible (it is Christmas time after all). The hotels that I am cosidering are: Euro Hotel, London Elizabeth Hotel, St. Margaret's Hotel<BR><BR>Any information/ recommendations on these hotels or others would be greatly.appreciated.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Virginia

Barry:<BR><BR>You may want to consider an apartment instead of a hotel. A one-bedroom apartment with pullout couch for the girls could run as little as $100 a night and would give you the flexibility of having some meals at home. (London supermarkets have some of the best easy-to-prepare meals I've ever takne home to heat.) Search this site or the web for the names of agencies that list apartments.<BR><BR>We leave this week for a month in a cheap apartment in South Kensington.<BR><BR>V.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 07:34 PM
yitz

Try,<BR>www.goin2travel.com<BR>or <BR>London4rent.com

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 10:41 PM
Bhakti

Try www.activehotels.com. I shall go London with family of 5 next end December, and get lodging through it.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Christy

try Lime Tree Hotel---Great rates, nice people & hotel --- they are on the web.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:15 PM
arnold

We booked through activehotels.com<BR>a property called Berkeley plaza<BR>a apartment hotel in mayfair london,<BR>we got a great price.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Susan

We have been to London the last three winters, twice with our kids. We stay at Scala House (they have a website). It is the best! You get a two bedroom apartment, with 2 bathrooms living room/dinning room combination and a full kitchen with washer/dryer. The location is great - Goodge Street or Tottingham Court tube and the rate is very, very reasonable. My kids loved it both times. We have since sent our friends with their kids and none have been disappointed. You can walk to the theaters as well. Have fun!

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Jamila

Check the site www.hotel-assist.com. The Rembrandt is a very nice hotel (close to Harrods) and has rates as low as 69 pounds a night on some days in December. I paid 99 pounds for a standard triple in Dec. 2000. Tourism must be low. You shouldn't pay more than $130 a night including VAT. The economy is on the traveler's side these days.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 02:10 PM
chuck

We stayed at the Euro in February 2002, (see posting) and found it OK. We heard a lot of positive things about the St Maragret, but they couldn't provide a quad or two adjacent rooms. The Elizabeth has been universally panned on this forum, I'd be very cautious.<BR><BR>Our favorite thing about the Euro was the location. Cartwright Gardens worked great for us, an easy walk to the tube, a lot of pubs and groceries, and quiet. If you want to stay in Carwright Gardens, there are about a dozen hotels there, all about the same price, but some seemed a little more updated or spacious.<BR><BR>Good Luck