Reload this Page >

Paris site like LondonTown?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Keith

I know this a bit off topic for this forun but I was wondering if anybody knew of a reliable Paris site that was like LondonTown.com?<BR>We will be in England in January and want to go to Paris for a day or 2. In researching our England trip I have visited LondonTown.com and made several searches for hotels etc.They always seem to give a great price. Also the site is mentioned so often on this forum I have complete trust in the information.<BR><BR>Thank You

Old Nov 28th, 2002, 10:18 AM
parislover

Hello Keith!<BR><BR>You can find about everything at the official site of the Paris Tourist Board.<BR>Just click the English flag.<BR><BR>http://www.paris-touristoffice.com/index_v2.html

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 06:27 PM
Rex

I think that www.pariscope.fr is pretty good. But no english.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 07:46 PM
xxx

And maybe www.bonjourparis.com<BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Wayne

Try anamericaninparis.com and ParisHotels.com.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 07:17 PM
ho ho ho

are you serious with this last one?<BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 07:39 PM
ha ha ha

I hope Wayne wasn't serious with the americaninparis site, as that is about the lamest Paris website on earth - plus the owner wants you to pay him for using it. And the owner is incredibly uninformed - loads of places and basic French words misspelled - it's just so amateurish it's unbelievable. There are plenty of places, this one included, where you can get great information on Paris without having to pay for it.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 03:53 PM
Christina

I gather you are looking for a hotel booking site that offers good deals (I don't think any of the above are that). <BR><BR>I don't think there is really anything quite like londontown in Paris, at least I'm not aware of it. There are a few hotel sites which purport to offer discounts, but I don't think they do as consistently as Londontown. I don't think the hotel market is the same at all. London hotels have a very high &quot;rack rate&quot; and Paris hotels don't, in my experience. <BR><BR>Okay, try www.webscapades.com and digital.france.com/Hotels I think also www.all-hotels.com is supposed to have discounts.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 09:04 PM
up

up<BR>