Reload this Page >

Paris shopping for 12 yr old girl

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 05:36 AM
John

I am looking for places to shop for both dressy and casual for a 12 yr old girl in Paris. We're staying on the left bank near the river. It looks like Rue Buci has a lot of shops, on the IS Map. Any ideas?

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Jim Rosenberg

A good stop would be Naf-Naf on the Champs-Elysees. (I might get some flak for this suggestion, but I'm judging it solely by the reaction of 12-year-old girls -- and some older -- okay?!)

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 06:57 AM
andi

There's a huge mall at Les Halles. My 13-year-old daughter was in heaven, one store geared to her age group after another. She liked H&M and another store with an X in it, can't remember the name. There were some others we stumbled on, and a few chains - Zara is the big one, I think there's one on the Rue de Rennes, but there are others as well. <BR><BR>My daughter also loved all the stores selling perfumes, makeup, body lotions, scented candles, incense, etc. - girls that age seem to be really into this stuff these days. Two favorites for the lotions, etc. were Fragonard on the Blvd. St. Germain and Lora Luna on Rue St. Honore, not too far down from the Louvre. For makeup she loved looking at the stuff in Shu Eumura, also on Blvd. St. Germain not far from Fragonard.<BR><BR>Have a great trip!

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 07:16 AM
shoppinggirl

Another vote for Zara. The Rue de Rennes branch is almost at the end next to Blvd. Montparnasse, right side when facing the Tower. <BR>But then, you can also go to Le Bon Marche, department store on the Left Bank. You'll find tons of good labels, not only expensive ones, there. <BR>Don't miss its great foods halls, when there.<BR>Have fun!<BR>

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 08:01 AM
StCirq

John:<BR><BR>We just got back from a trip that included four days in Paris. My daughter's favorite shops were Zara, Etam, C&A, and Pimkie (they all have branches in various places in the city, including at Montparnasse and the rue de Rivoli). She also loves the jewelry store at the corner of rue Dauphine and rue de Buci.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 08:31 AM
lena

I recommend Zara and Mango. They are near the Opera, I'm not sure about the streets.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 09:05 AM
scarlett

John,rue de Buci is mostly galleries and food shops.<BR>Here is the list my friend with 3 teenage daughters!!! gave me~<BR>Kabuki clothes 21-25 rue Etienne Marcel<BR>APC general store 4 rue de Fleurus<BR>Rue de Grennelle young hip designers and accessories<BR>The Marias, always young! full of small boutiques with different stuff from what you see in the US, good prices.<BR>The Flea Markets, fun for kids if they like vintage clothing.<BR>Rue Dragon,shoes.<BR>all up and down Blvd St Germain are small shops and on the small streets off of the Blvd.You will enjoy discovering them yourselves,have a great time~<BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:00 AM
John

Merci to everyone for the tips!

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 12:43 PM
xxx

Topping for John in Paris