Search

Paris Shopping

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 04:52 PM
Alison

Paris Shopping

Does Paris have any "funky/artsy" shopping areas? Somewhere you can find unique items for gifts, your home, yourself, etc.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 06:15 PM
Anita

Try going to this site- http://www.bparis.com/<BR>I found it gave me some ideas. We enjoyed the area around the Seine where the booths are set up. Not really too unique though. We also did some walking along Rue Rivoli. There were some neat places there.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 08:25 AM
wendy

The Marais has some really fun/funky shops, and believe it or not, Samaritaine has some funky kitchen and table items...

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 08:44 AM
Eliza

I second La Samaritaine it has great things for the home. I think, however, you will find a vast array of stuff. Some of my favorite things I have found from just walking around. Also I do enjoy the flea markets. I hope you have a great trip and happy shopping!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 08:47 AM
francesca

The Marais, Bastille and St Germain areas are all full of one-of boutiques, many of which are great for home stuff. Samaritaine and BHV (esp the basement) are good dept. stores. Rue de Rivoli and Rue de Rennes, both big shopping streets, are mostly clothes and mostly chains. Have fun!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 10:47 AM
Alison

Thank you for your replies. My sister and I are spending half our time at Hotel Mansart (I don't know which district this is in) and half our time at Artus Hotel in the 6th district. It sounds like we're in a good shopping area. Is anyone familiar with either of these hotels? Do you have a favorite little restaurant within walking distance of either hotel? I've never been to Paris so I have lots of questions. Also, are there any fashion don'ts I need to be aware of? I appreciate any and all responses and am really looking forward to our trip in two weeks.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 10:53 AM
wendy

I like the Bistro Mazarin on the rue Mazarine @ rue de Buci, typical french bistro, not many tourists...hilarious waitstaff, fun, boisterous, good food, reasonable prices, a regular stop twice a week for me!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 02:08 PM
wendy

Alison,<BR><BR>Your hotel, the Mansart, is at:<BR>5 rue Capucines in the 1eme, near the Louvre and Les Halles...