Paris Restaurants Reccomendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Paris at the end of Nov for 4 days staying in the 7 Arrond. Can anyone recommend some great restaurants for my husband and I for some nice romantic meals and get the true Paris experience? Thanks
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 03:32 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Your budget?
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 03:49 PM

"get the true Paris experience"

Walk down just about any street. See a cafe/bistro/brasserie. Read the menu posted outside. Go inside. Order the plat du jour; some wine. Voila.
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 04:32 PM

Really budget does matter - are you looking for Michelin * specialties or home type cooking? What type of French cuisine.

Do you want one or two special places? For lunch we usually just drop into a cafe wherever we are for an omelet, large salad or croque monsieur or madame or similar. For dinner we research the restaurants and the menus (many are small and have limited menus and you will want to be sure it's food you will enjoy).
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 05:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
In the 7th arrondissement I like Cafe Constant. No reservations, so you might have a wait. Very good value menu at lunch. Not sure I'd consider it romantic, but good French cooking and a true Paris experience.
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 05:04 PM

There are only about a thousand threads to meet your needs. Have you looked at any? Amd some only in the 7th.
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 06:02 PM

I love Boucherie Rouliere in the 6th. The first time we went, we just happened to be walking by and decided to give it a try. The next time we were in Paris, we purposefully sought it out and we weren't disappointed. I recommended it to a "foodie" friend and she loved it as well. It is not fancy, but I love the simple atmosphere and the food is great.
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 07:16 PM

Nicer and more romantic than Cafe Constant, Violon d'Ingres is an option, if you want to stay in the 7th.

To others poster's point, your budget is important... Paris is a city that can go quite high for dining-especially for more spacious, opulent options. Romance is all around Paris, so you will have plenty of options there.

Le Grand Vefour, The Cristal Room, Le Cinq could all be options depending on your wallet. Verjus has wonderful. Food and not too crowded-but not overtly romantic. You could the restaurant at Tour Montparnasse for outstanding city views.

I would say end every night with a glass of champagne and recap the day--the food will be wonderful but many places are small and a bit crowded, which doesn't fit the traditional "romantic" cold.
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 07:39 PM

Rue St. Dominique near the Eiffel Tower is a restaurant row. We also had a very good meal at Cafe Constant. Chef Constant has two other restaurants on that block that are a little more upscale- Le Violin d'Ingres(don't miss the vanilla soufflé with caramel sauce) and La Fables de la Fontaine, a small seafood bistro. Next door to Fables is our go to place for Sunday night, La Fontaine de Mars. A few blocks away is Chez L'Ami Jean which is crowded, noisy and boisterous but serves great food.
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 07:54 PM

Love Boucherie Rouliere, also; discovered it about a year ago. Also thumbs up for Cafe Constant, Fontaine de Mars, and for a real splurge, Le Grand Vefour.
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you like modern cooking, I recommend David Toutain in the 7th. I had an excellent meal there last month. However, it is not traditional fare, so probably not everyone's cup of tea.

http://davidtoutain.com/
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 03:43 AM

Fontaine de Mars is great--and open on Sundays, as the poster indicates. HOWEVER, if going then, make a reservation.
We love La Florimond on Av. LaMotte Picquet, across the street from the head of rue Cler. It won't break the bank. Small. Great food.