Paris-price range for a 2 br apartment in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family of five will be visiting Paris for the first time for my 50th bday in April 2008. Actually, our older daughters have both been to Paris several times so it will be my hubby, 15 yr old son and my first trip. Will be visiting for a week and plan on renting an apartment. Through all my searching prices seem to vary considerably. I would like to know what is considered the "normal" ballpark price range for a 2 br, 1 bath apartment in 5th-8th arrondisements?
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 11:37 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
there isn't a "normal" since there are so many variables like walk up or elevator, 1, 1.5 or 2 baths, quiet setting or above a greek restaurant, balcony or not, Great view or not.

So plan on anywhere from about €70 to €300 a night -- or more.
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for you reply. I figured the variables were such that the question was too broad. I'll throw the question out there again when we zero down those variables and have something more precise. Thanks again.
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 09:02 AM

I think it really is too broad, and some of those areas are a lot more expensive than others. That doesn't mean you couldn't find some cheap apt. in the 8th or 6th, but it will probably have other drawbacks or be a lot smaller. It seems like some of the main things affecting price are whether it has an elevator, and size, of course. Kitchens can vary a lot, also, from little more than a minifrig like you'd get in a hotel with a hot plate, to a full kitchen. Some apt. right in the thick of St Germain, near Odeon or St-Germain-des-Pres metro will probably be more expensive than the same thing farther south and not as close to a metro.

I'll go out on a limb and say probably 150-200 euro per night.

Old Jul 25th, 2007, 10:12 AM

I checked out the listings for 2 bedroom apartments for 5 people at homelidays.com in the 5th-8th arrondisements. Most of them fell within 600 to 1,000 euros per week, although one of them listed for up to 1500 euros per week.

Just looking at the photos made me want to go back again.
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 05:40 PM

This website will give you a good idea of what is available:

http://www.lodgis.com/en/paris/
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 07:18 PM

I will be renting an apartment in Paris for the first time in over 3 decades of trips there and price depends on location. Since I've stayed in the 6th almost annually since the early 80s, I like the 6th. Prior to the early 80s, I stayed in a lot of areas. The apartment that I've booked is through vacationinparis.com which is located in New Jersey. I called and they were very pleasant on the phone and many people in this forum have used them. I will have a 1-bedroom, 40 square meter apartment/ apartment #122...loft...$1323. for 7 nights...for my mom and me... 40-square meters is small for an apartment...my standard hotel room at the 4 Seasons Bangkok is the same size...and less money... which is a very nice size for a "hotel" room. But, I have chosen the aparmtent for location reasons above all. The agency I'm using also has 2 bedroom aparmtents in the 6th on the same street...rue St.Andres des Arts... that I'll be staying on. I've stayed on that street before in a hotel and like the street. Have fun. Happy Travels!
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 07:44 PM

I've searched www.vrbo.com for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, and had difficulty finding some for under 300 per night. But the ones I found looked really nice. They book early, too. Our first, 2nd and 3rd choices are already booked for the days we wanted in June 08.