Paris Perfect Confirmed for Nov. 2009

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my month with Paris Perfect www.parisperfect.com for my mid April to mid May trip, and now I also have gone ahead with my month of November, 2009. Too early for air and may not be in a hurry as I will not be using FF for tickets.

Out of curiosity I checked this year for air for the comparable dates...believe it or not Delta had a real cheap fare of $821 including taxes via CVG, which is my preferred route from AVL. This was from sidestep. I don't think I will be in any hurry for my tickets.

I will be taking my laptop again and after the first of the year will get back to asking if people want another running trip report and help with whatever. I think the last one was fun for many. I know it was for me! I have many, many new friends.

a bientot..

Joan

Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 08:42 AM

What is AVL? Happy Travels!
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Guenmai...

Sorry about that..AVL is Asheville, NC, CVG is Cincinnati.

I must either shuttle to ATL (Atlanta) or toCVG. I do prefer the CVG airport. I have also had very good luck on my last two trips with all 3 center seats to stretch out on!!

From AVE, there are no bargains like the major cities, hubs.

a bientot..

Joan
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:06 AM

Thanks. Happy Travels!
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:19 AM

I knew as soon as I saw this thread title that it was from you, Grace Joan. I Are you reserving the same apartment?

I love ParisPerfect and am thinking about staying there again next June. My husband and I were in the Volnay and would like to do a different apartment this time.
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

jenblase,

You may like the new Moulin-a-Vent where I just stayed, after some time in the new Meursault. I don't think Madelyn has it on the website yet. It should be showing up there soon. I never care which one of their apartments that I stay in as they are all great!

a bientot...

Joan
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 12:48 PM

Gracejoan I checked on the parisperfect website and thought it would be more reasonable renting an apartment instead of staying in a hotel but it looks as though it is quite costly, over $2000 a week or do you get special rates when you stay a month at a time?

I envy you that you are able to spend so much time in Paris every year.

Do you visit other countries or does your heart belong to Paris?

I've been to other countries but prefer Paris where I have vacationed 4 times in 7 years. I've booked my hotel for next September and can't wait.
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Madison,

Some people look at apts. as a savings to them by being able to do some cooking. I don't cook much at home, so cooking in Paris is not for me! That would be a savings, though. Paris Perfect apts. have everything imagineable, free phone calls to US, WI-FI, cleaning, washer/dryer. They will make taxi/dining reservations for you. The apts. are not rental quality furnishings, but lovely furnishings as you would have in your home, right down to selective drawer pulls.

If you are able to travel off season, you can definitely receive some discounts. I wouldn't be surprised if some winter month specials showed up soon. Also, not uncommon for PP to upgrade regulars to an unexpected delight!

As to my travels; I have driven and stayed in most areas of France. I have driven or traveled in most of Western Europe, Great Britain, Ireland. I have skiied in Austria and Switzerland.

I have stayed in places in past years that have now become almost cost prohibitive! They were enjoyed. I have had some great adventures.

I enjoy Paris and find it is endless, as so many others do. We just keep returning. It is so easy to get around. I am fond of the 7th arr. It is so village-like. No end to the many restaurants, in every category and price range. Most PP apts. have the Eiffel Tower in view. I find I get very used to it just being there, as I would miss not seeing our mountains, here in Asheville, NC. This last trip was better than all my previous trips put together! After about 2 weeks I felt that I was a Parisian..it was home. I look at my watch now and add 6 hours and think what I might be doing in Paris. I made many new friends in Paris and others from the running trip report thing I had going.

I am looking forward to returning in mid April and again the first of Nov. next year.

Enjoy your planning and give more thought to enjoying an apartment.

a bientot...

Joan

Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM

Joan,

So happy (and jealous) that you're planning two trips within the next year. I have been to Paris 3 times and it is still "not enough". I can't consider myself a world traveller. I've been to Italy several times and it is beautiful, but my heart belongs to Paris. The exquisite architecture, delicious food, friendly people... just keeps bringing me back!

I totally understand how you are already planning these upcoming trips!

a bientot mon ami,
Roberta

Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM

Joan
Our friends who stayed in La Romanee for a week, which overlapped with us for 4 days when we stayed in Champagne, got hooked on PP. They booked Hermitage for 8 days next Sept. This past stay was their first in a non-hotel. Doubt if they will ever stay in hotels in Paris again.

BTW, we ended up cooking at our apt about 50% of the time. Next visit, we may "cook in" even more.

Stu Dudley
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:01 AM
Original Poster

Good to hear from Roberta and Stu!

Roberta is one of the 3 gals who arrived the day before I left and we did get together a bit. Now we are keeping touch by e-mail! Nice new friend!

I joined Stu and Ellen for a great dinner at Fables de la Fontaine and we were able to add faces to the posts! I know you enjoyed cooking, so you could sit out on your wrap-around balcony with the ET in front of you! We had great weather for it!

a bientot....

Joan
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM

Madison...Why not go with a less expensive rental company? I surely didn't pay $2,000 when I rented through the company that I chose.

My apartment rental was almost the exact same price as my usual hotel room, but I got 40 square meters of space, as opposed to 15-20 square meters of space at my hotel. And the hotel and the apartment were in the same district, the 6th, and a short walk from each other. Happy Travels!
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Original Poster

She can also go to www.vrbo.com to look for places. Many good places listed on the site.

Joan
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM

Hi Joan,
We are preparing to go to France for the first time (end of July). I have been following your info on Paris Perfect for some time. We are a family of 4, our boys are 10 & 6. With Paris Perfect we have the choice of the following 3 apartments, Syrah, Cognac, or Romanee. Can you make a recommendation of which might suit us best?
Best,
Daria
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Daria,

The Syrah cannot really be compared with the Cognac and the Romanee! It is only a 1 bedroom apartment.

The Cognac is very special, in every way! The Romanee has the "extra" bed that faces the Eiffel tower..that is pretty special, too!

If price is a big concern, you could manage in the Syrah. If price is not a big concern then it would just be which of the other two really got your attention! There is still quite a bit of difference between the Romanee and the Cognac.

The apartments are lovely with every amenity that you could imagine. Well furnished in every way. Paris Perfect staff are available to help you with dining, taxi reservations and anything else you could think of.

The location of the apartments are in one of the safest areas of Paris, with a village-like atmosphere. You are close to the Parc du Champ du Mars for the children to enjoy. There are many restaurants, grocery stores and markets available to you in the area. The Seine is nearbyalong with Invalides, Rodin, d'Orsay also nearby.

I am leaving in mid April for a month stay. I am making various reservations now and have also just asked PP to make some dining reservations for me.

If I can help you further, please do not hesitate to ask.

Enjoy your planning...

Joan
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 12:11 PM

Thank you Joan. We will probably go with Romanee then as Cognac is a bit more. I appreciate your comment on the area of the apartments as that was my biggest concern.
Enjoy your stay!
Daria
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 12:29 PM

You might want to keep an eye on www.1800flyeurope.com

November air fares from Ashville for $781, at the moment. You never know when they will add more flights at better prices.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM

Hi Daria,

We stayed at the Romanee apartment last May and I think it will be perfect for your family. Please note that the unit is the top floor, we had to make sure we were walking around the apartment in a very quiet manner.

The apartment is lovely with a lot of storage space and as Joan mentioned, the 7th has a very nice village feel. I recommed going to one of Christian Constant's restaurants. I dream about this mashed potatoes.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

First: djkbooks..THANK YOU!! I have been regularly checking Delta and sidestep etc. I did not check 1800flyeurope..and I do often follow them. I just checked and when I finish this, I think I will call them rather than online. I am now going 11/2 for 6 weeks..return 12/14..How exciting!!!

Daria: I know you will really enjoy the Romanee. How long will you be in Paris?

Yes, to Christian Constants restaurants. Catherine and Christian are great friends. I often say that they feed me when in Paris!! Cafe Constant is a funky little bistro with inexpensive and excellent food. Les Cocottes is modern, a counter with stools and high tables with stools. Inexpensive and excellent food. Try their cocottes! Violon d'Ingres is their primary restaurant and has been enjoyed by us for many years. Fables de la Fontaine is a small, excellent seafood restaurant. Reservations for Fables and Violon. Others do not take reservations, so you need to be there early. Many other very good restaurants in the area, too. Can give you more names, if you would like.

I am excited for you! You will really be very pleased with your decision!!

a bientot...

Joan
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

I just got off the phone with 1800flyeurope and I have my tickets for next fall..depart AVL on 11/2 and return from CDG on 12/14!! Super..6 weeks in Paris!! $781.65 and picked the flights that I wanted and also have seats confirmed..unbelievable..can't do that from Delta and I am flying Delta..A/F going over so I arrive at 8:35 rather than the hateful 6 am time with the earlier Delta flight.

Thank you, again djkbooks....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -