Paris New Years

Dec 12th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Paris New Years

My wife and I are celebrating her 30th Birthday over new years in Paris. Can anyone recommend a restaurant for New Years Eve to enjoy a nice dinner and wine. We are looking for someplace that will have atmosphere and a wide menu if possible on New Years Eve. Most any price will do. What else could we plan besides a boat tour or standing in the crowd at the Eiffel Tower?
Dec 12th, 2005, 07:05 PM

What Arr. will you be staying in. That could help on recommendations!
Dec 13th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Scottstig - I suppose Paris is a rather large city and to narrow down the area would help. For anyone with rec's we are staying on Rue de la Paix, at the Park Hyatt Vendome. Thank you in advance for anyone with help!
Dec 13th, 2005, 08:53 AM

It's really, really late to be getting a reservation for a typical Parisian New Year's Eve celebration, which usually involves restaurants offering a special menu and champagne and so forth. People have their favorite venues and sign up months in advance. That said, go to wwww.reservethebest.com and see what appeals to you. My recommendation would be Bofinger, but I'd bet it's long sold out. If you can't get into one of the reservation-only places, I'd call your hotel and find out what they recommend nearby your hotel and make a reservation now!
Dec 13th, 2005, 08:57 AM

Ahhh the Park Hyatt Vendome. I stayed there last year and just loved it (thank you Hyatt points), and we booked for next December already (thank you again Hyatt points!!!!). Call the concierge ASAP for recos for NYE, I can't imagine that they won't help. They were great when we were there.
Dec 13th, 2005, 12:35 PM

One of my most favorite restaurants is La Fontaine de Mars, in the 7th Arr. It is a charming little place that has been written up in the Zagat guide, as well as other publications over the years. Reservations are necessary as it is a popular place among the locals.

Here is a small blurb on it:

La Fontaine de Mars - Tucked away on one of the least touristy streets in the very smart 7th arrondissement, this small restaurant offers delicious bistrot cooking and charming, efficient service in an atmosphere that is everything you ever hoped a small Paris restaurant would be (checked-gingham table cloths). Do as the locals do and choose something from amongst the plats du jour, or try the boudin noir or (in winter) the cassoulet. The wine list is good if not thrilling. At around 22 to 30 euros per person, the Fontaine de Mars is a restaurant to cherish.

129 Rue St.Dominique, 7th
Phone: 011 33 1 47 05 46 44