Paris Museum Passes

Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:49 AM
Karo

Paris Museum Passes

Off to Paris on the 20th for 10 days. The museum passes say "consecutive days (2, 3, 5, etc.). Does anyone know how Christmas day (with most everything closed) would affect these 'consecutive days'? I was thinking of 3-day (21, 22, 23) and either another 3-day or perhaps a 5-day for 26th on. Is this overkill? We do love museums. Thanks for any input.

Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:12 PM
Howard

From my experience, 3-day passes are the most practical. We were in Paris for 2 weeks and initially bought a 5-day pass, which turned out to be impractical. Your options are 1-day, 3-day and 5-day. You probably have the most flexibility with two 3-day passes or perhaps a 3-day and a couple 1-days.

Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:14 PM
Howard

PS: The weather is likely to influence how much time you spend in museums on some days. If it's nice out, you'll want to be outdoors. (At least, that's what we learned!) Thus, if you buy a 5-day pass, you've already tied up your hands or you're wasting money on days you won't be in museums!

Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:00 PM
crusty

Scooting to the head of the the lines alone makes the passes valuable.

12/25 and 1/1 are legal holidays, the museums are closed.

Last year the grounds of the Versailes were open free of charge on New Years day. We really enjoyed walking around to lake. Xmas Day may be the same if you are looking for something wonderful to do.

Remember the D'Orsay is closed on Monday 12/21. The Louvre is closed on Tuesdays.

We enjoyed the Rodan Museum. I don’t care for modern and could have passed on the Picasso Museum.

Dec 4th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Christina

It is true that I think everything is closed on Christmas on that pass (although not on all other holidays), and I haven't had one at that time, but the rules on the museum pass say there are NO exceptions to the consecutive days, regardless of holidays, strikes, etc. So I would take them at their word on that.

Dec 4th, 2002, 01:03 PM
D'Orsay fan

Christina is correct, you don't get an extension of the pass over Christmas.

"Notice: The pass cannot be extended or reimbursed for any reason. The rule applies in the event of closure of participating museums for public holidays or unforseen events (strikes, etc.) or free-entrance days. Passes may not be returned or exchanged."

Dec 4th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Karo

Christina and D'Orsay Fan:

Thanks, that's just what I wanted to know. Will probably do 2 three-day passes, even I might get 'museumed' out.

Happy travels